With many new developments in the works, the City is seeking a collaborative, creative, and effective project manager to lead the implementation efforts for the City’s long range parking management program. This is an opportunity to join the Community Development team and take part in shaping the City’s ongoing revitalization. The position will spearhead stakeholder engagement efforts and the administration of a comprehensive parking program in the downtown and surrounding neighborhood that may include installation of parking meters, neighborhood parking zones, contracts with private companies for off street parking and other options.
This position is full-time benefitted but is slated to be a two-year limited term assignment.
As of June 24th the salary range will move to $78,461 to $100,156
- Works through and implements the objectives of the City’s Downtown Parking Management Strategy.
- Engages stakeholders such as local business owners, citizens, and representatives of other agencies regarding parking needs, options and traffic flow through the downtown and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Develops short- and long-range plans coordinating activities with local businesses, and governmental agencies.
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends policies, code amendments, and procedures to ensure efficient and maximum parking options while being mindful of applying an equity framework.
- Prepares comprehensive technical reports and correspondence including financial analysis of options.
- Develops technical and other documentation in support of request for proposals, conducts competitive bid processes and enters contracts on behalf of the City.
- Manages vendor performance against contracts to ensure completion of projects within scope, on-time and within budget.