How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
We are hiring an experienced Economist Accountant to join our Financial Management team in our Raleigh headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Produce revenue forecasts using time-series econometric methods.
- Use economic forecasting software and SAS to prepare revenue forecasts.
- Provide independent analysis to meet policy objectives, financing, programming options, and the financial implications related to those options.
- Be instrumental in developing the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) budget and coordinating our maintenance and operations, and modal area spend plans.
- Collaborate with NCDOT staff to prepare projections of transportation revenues and expenditures under diverse economic and policy scenarios.
- Monitor revenue collections by producing monthly revenue targets by revenue source in collaboration with the NCDOT’s Office of Strategic Initiatives and Program Support, Office of State Budget and Management, and North Carolina General Assembly Fiscal Research Division, and execute forecasting models.
- Consistently evaluate and refine forecasting methods through learning and applying enhancements in SAS programming.
- Conduct economic analysis, write memos, and create presentations.
What You Bring
- Considerable knowledge of economics, applied statistics, econometrics, cost-benefit analysis, and policy analysis.
- Extensive analytical skills including the ability to synthesize and apply diverse analytical methods.
- Skills in negotiation, teamwork, adaptability in response to analytical challenges and evolving demands.
- Agility to work under tight timeframes and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply new skills, absorb complex information, develop, organize, and effectively communicate, and present complex materials in an understandable and informative style.
- Experience exercising judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting laws, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders including associates, legislators, other public officials, and the public.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, or related discipline, and 18 semester hours of Accounting, and
- 5+ years of accounting/auditing experience in the preparation of interpretive/analytical accounting/financial statements and reports; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Carla Williamson at 919-707-4200.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on