The IT Manager, Public Safety is part of the IT Department for the City of Naperville. The mission of the department is to enhance delivery services and promote Naperville advancement through effective, reliable, secure and cost-effective technologies. Current projects underway include the upgrade of the server environment to a hyperconverged infrastructure, the functional migration to a SaaS ERP system and the modernization of many applications including those for Public Safety. As a member of the prestigious What Works Cities initiative, Naperville will improve results for their residents through data and evidence. Going forward, it is crucial that the City’s IT Department continue to develop a team of self-motivated, committed and highly capable professionals to further the City’s goal of providing excellent public services, ensure a high quality of life for our residents and be a high-performing government entity in the technology space.
This position supervises a group of IT professionals dedicated to the support of long & short term technology goals of the Police and Fire Departments and the daily functioning & reliability of related systems. This position develops, implements, & evaluates Public Safety Technology Plans and assists the Chief Information Officer with the overall City Strategic Technology Plan and serves as the primary liaison between IT and the Police & Fire Departments, and manages, monitors and measures those department’s requests for service, hardware, software, system acquisition and implementation. Key responsibilities include:
· Overall management of Public Safety systems projects, including initiation, planning, monitoring, controlling, execution and closing.
· Analysis and recommendation of new systems and products to senior management as appropriate.
· Oversee Public Safety systems performance, security and back-up procedures.
· Establish and implement policies and procedures for Public Safety systems usage.
· Develops and implements disaster recovery and business continuity plans for the Public Safety IT systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS, Business, or related field
· Minimum of 5 yrs’ experience in the management of information technology projects, application software, hardware and systems
· Significant experience with managing, implementing, and supporting enterprise applications and systems, network systems, PC and server operating systems and many types of PC software.
· Minimum of 2 yrs’ supervisory experience
· Master’s degree in Computer Science/MIS, Public Administration, or related field,
· MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.