The City of Naperville is looking for an accounting professional to provide accounting and internal audit work; including preparation and review of financial statements and reports for all City funds and various payroll functions.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
· Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations,
· Review of City accounting procedures to improve internal control, assure conformity to policy and increase effectiveness,
· Compilation and analysis of statistical records for use in various City activities,
· Comparison and reconciliation of various accounting related software applications to ensure consistent and appropriate recording of financial transactions,
· Preparation of journal entry adjustments, when needed,
· Special projects assigned by the Controller, Finance Director and/or other management personnel,
· Responding to financial surveys requested by outside agencies or organizations,
· Maintaining fixed asset records,
· Preparation of year end adjusting entries, audit work papers and month/year-end closing procedures,
· Analyzes both internal and external financial reports and oversees all audit processes, including preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
· Assist in the supervision of accounts payable and payroll on a technical basis for accounting accuracy.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
· Three plus years of experience in a related field
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
· Municipal experience
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.