It's a great time to be in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Youth Services Librarian to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year, an attractive retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you put into retirement, and the possibility to work from home!
As a Youth Services Librarian for the City, you will be functioning as the primary support for guest services to include all professional aspects of the position. The Youth Services Librarian also creates, manages, and presents innovative programs aimed at teens and programs for all ages in a welcoming, instructional, and playful environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Functions as the primary support for the Head of Youth Service area.
- Creates and conducts programs for children, teens, and tweens.
- Participates in professional committees and round tables.
- Collaborates with program librarians to bring events to the library.
- Selects manages, and weeds collection materials.
- Monitors literary journals and reviews related information sources to identify/recommend materials for Pflugerville adults.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have a thorough knowledge of competencies outlined by the Association for Library Service to Children and Young Adult Library Services Association.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Formal Education: Master's degree in library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited school.
Relatable Work Experience: 1 year of library experience preferred.
- Flexible scheduling and the opportunity to work from home.
- 10 hours of vacation leave per month, 3 weeks per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, 12 days per year.
- Sick leave incentive pay- Employees are compensated in December each year in the amount of 25% of their unused sick leave that they have accumulated during the preceding fiscal year.
- Medical insurance and benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 50% dependent health benefits premium contribution.
- Dental benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 24 hours of paid personal holiday leave each fiscal year.
- 10 wellness hours each fiscal year for eligible preventive and mental health services.
- Longevity pay of $8 per month beginning with the first anniversary and will be paid on a separate paycheck in December of each year.
- Retirement plan includes a 7% contribution of an employee's gross salary to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a City contribution match of 2 to 1 (14%) at retirement.
- Retirement eligibility requires 5 years of service at age 60 or 20 years of service at any age.
- Employees also have an additional retirement fund option to participate in a 457 plan.
- Long-Term Disability is employer-paid and covers 60% of the employee's salary up to $7,500.
- Military leave provides up to 15 days of paid leave per fiscal year for eligible employees.
- Education reimbursement assistance up to $2,000 per fiscal year.
- Employer-paid basic term life insurance policy two (2) times an employee's base salary, up to $325,000 maximum.
- 40 paid service hours are available to volunteer within our community.
- Up to 160 hours of paid parental leave to eligible employees following the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption, foster care, or other legal placement to care for and bond with the child.
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please visit https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/city-government/people-and-culture/benefits.
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!