It's a great time to be in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Recreation Program Coordinator to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year, an attractive retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you put into retirement, and the possibility to work from home!
As a Recreation Program Coordinator for the City, you will be creating, implementing, and coordinating recreational programs at facilities throughout the City.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervises and evaluates existing classes and programs.
- Responsible for assigned program staffing to include interviewing, hiring, and training.
- Screens outside companies and vendors to coordinate programs for the assigned programs.
- Responsible for establishing seasonal group exercise and program schedules as well as promoting and advertising the assigned programs.
- Oversees the procurement of supplies, set-up and clean-up, and volunteer recruitment for special events.
- Completes administrative duties by creating, distributing, and collecting program evaluations; generates revenue reports; creates flyers for programs and events; maintains registration and seasonal program paperwork; collects program information.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have previous experience processing and providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluations of customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Formal Education: Associates degree or 60 semester hours of college from an accredited college/university.
Relatable Work Experience: 2-3 years of experience in recreational program coordination activities and/or school and summer day camp programming.
Training (Licenses(s) and/or Certification(s): CPR and First Aid certified; Ability to obtain a Class B passenger and air brake license CDL within 6 months of hire date.
- 10 hours of vacation leave per month, 3 weeks per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, 12 days per year.
- Sick leave incentive pay- Employees are compensated in December each year in the amount of 25% of their unused sick leave that they have accumulated during the preceding fiscal year.
- Medical insurance and benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 50% dependent health benefits premium contribution.
- Dental benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 24 hours of paid personal holiday leave each fiscal year.
- 10 wellness hours each fiscal year for eligible preventive and mental health services.
- Longevity pay of $8 per month beginning with the first anniversary and will be paid on a separate paycheck in December of each year.
- Retirement plan includes a 7% contribution of an employee's gross salary to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a City contribution match of 2 to 1 (14%) at retirement.
- Retirement eligibility requires 5 years of service at age 60 or 20 years of service at any age.
- Employees also have an additional retirement fund option to participate in a 457 plan.
- Long-Term Disability is employer-paid and covers 60% of the employee's salary up to $7,500.
- For eligible employees, military leave provides up to 15 days of paid leave per fiscal year.
- Education reimbursement assistance up to $2,000 per fiscal year.
- Employer-paid basic term life insurance policy two (2) times an employee's base salary, up to $325,000 maximum.
- 40 paid service hours are available to volunteer within our community.
- Up to 160 hours of paid parental leave to eligible employees following the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption, foster care, or other legal placement to care for and bond with the child.
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please visit https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/city-government/people-and-culture/benefits.
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!