Dental Assistant, EFDA (multiple vacancies)
Job ID: 105814
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
This position is open until filled, with weekly application reviews. The next application review date will be Monday, August 1, 2022.
• Screening interviews to be conducted while open.
• We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time on or after that date.
PAY AND BENEFITS
REVISED INCREASE IN PAY!
Annual Pay Range: $45,566.98 - $57,344.73
Hourly Pay Range: $21.907203 - $27.569584
Starting salaries will be within the posted pay range based on job-related factors such as experience, training and/or education.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package for employees in regular status positions.
This is a full time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
What We Offer:
• 12 Hours Vacation & 8 Hours Sick Monthly
• 10 Paid Holidays and 1 Personal Holiday per year
• Medical/Vision/Prescription/Alternative Care (Option of three medical plans)
• Dental (Option of four dental plans)
• Life Insurance County (County paid Group Term Life)
• Disability Insurance (County paid Disability)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Deferred Compensation Section 457 Retirement plan
• PERS/OPSRP Retirement plans (County pays 6% employee contribution!)
• Additional benefit plans include: Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Group Universal Life, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Short Term and Long Term Disability Buy-up, Long Term Care, Pre-paid legal and AFLAC.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Clackamas County's Health Centers Division is looking to fill multiple positions as a Dental Assistant, EFDA. The EFDA will assist dentists and dental hygienists in providing dental services and education to improve the oral health of the community. We have an immediate opening for the Gladstone Dental Clinic, with another future vacancy available at any of the locations - Beavercreek Dental Clinic in Oregon City, Sunnyside Dental Clinic in Clackamas, Gladstone Dental Clinic in Gladstone or the new clinic opening soon in Sandy, OR.
Focus is on the community and we are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team!
EFDAs offer team support in the area of infection control, and other duties necessary to provide coordinated services for patients. EFDAs may be assigned duties to perform necessary clerical and technical support functions required to improve the quality of delivery to clients. EFDAs assist dentists in the repair, maintenance and examination of teeth and gums of health clinic patients and assist in the overall instruction regarding proper oral hygiene techniques and practices. In addition, EFDAs provide coordination of volunteer dentists and dental hygienists and perform clerical duties such as maintaining dental records, scheduling appointments, maintaining adequate supplies and referring patients to other medical and dental assistance programs.
Ideal candidates will be team players with a positive attitude, personable, professional, motivated, highly-skilled, have integrity, and dependable. We are looking for a detail and people oriented individual who has a strong ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
Per the Oregon Health Authority, (https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280799 & https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280616), this position is subject to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement. Prior to the start of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exception in place with the County as a qualification of employment.
• Any combination of relevant experience, education and/or training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills to successfully perform the duties of this position.
• Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA) certification as provided in OAR 818-042-0080, including a certification of radiologic proficiency, issued by the Oregon State Board of Dental Examiners (upon hire)
• Sealant certification, issued by the Oregon State Board of Dental Examiners (certification obtained by successful completion of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, or other course of instruction approved by the Board to perform the application of pit and fissure sealants, as provided in OAR 818-042-0090). (Sealant Certification must be obtained within six months of hire)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate during employment
• Strong organizational and detail orientation skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/69fd8013-4594-4afd-bee9-f1e0aeab42ea .
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Two or more years of experience in dental assisting
• One or more years of experience working as an EFDA
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
• Greets and instructs patient on visit process, prepares patient by interviewing for problems and assessing oral health education needs, and delivers oral health education as directed by the dentist and hygienist.
• Cleans, sterilizes, and maintains all dental instruments, set-ups, and equipment following Center for Disease Control and OSHA guidelines; ensures that the dental office and clinic rooms are orderly and clean; and orders, checks, and stores supplies.
• Takes appropriate and diagnostic dental radiographs.
• Initiates and maintains dental records and files; records information on charts as directed by dentists and hygienists.
• Performs expanded function duties as allowed by the Oregon Board of Dentistry, that may include: polish coronal surfaces with brush or cup as directed by a dentist or dental hygienist, remove temporary crowns, preliminarily fit crowns, place temporary restorative materials, place and remove matrix retainers for alloy and composite restorations, polish amalgam restorations with a slow speed hand piece, remove excess supra-gingival cement, fabricate temporary crowns, and perform any other functions permitted under OAR 818-042-0070 as directed and approved by a licensed dentist. EFDA certified dental assistants with completed course work may place sealants under direct or indirect supervision provided the patient has been examined by a dentist as well as apply temporary soft relines to full dentures.
• Provides chairside assistance to dentists and dental hygienists in limited oral surgery, operative and hygiene procedures; locates and passes dental instruments used in procedures, and mixes amalgam and synthetic filling materials.
• Plans and notifies dentists of the clinic schedule; maintains a list of dentists, programs and facilities who will accept emergency referrals; acts as liaison between dental clinics and other services of County health program.
• Screens phone calls, walk-in patients and referred patients for eligibility for services; schedules clients to appropriate dentists according to need and urgency; makes reminder phone calls; makes outreach phone calls; and refers patients to medical and dental assistance programs or to area dentists.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working Knowledge of: Apply the techniques of expanded duty dental assisting; standard office procedures, techniques and equipment; x-ray techniques; materials, instruments and tools used in the field of dentistry and oral hygiene; dental record documentation processes; appropriate cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing techniques, dental terminology and routine practices, procedures, and techniques of preventative dentistry and oral hygiene; basic math; English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation, both orally and in writing.
Some Knowledge of: Oral anatomy; nutrition as it relates to oral hygiene; public health and community health principles, concepts and practices; HIPAA guidelines.
Skill to: Operate and maintain dental equipment and supplies; operate, maintain and test various laboratory equipment; operate x-ray equipment and process film; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in a courteous and professional manner with patients of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds; instruct patients in the techniques, practices and methods of promoting and maintaining good oral hygiene; implement standard office procedures and use modern office equipment effectively; maintain and sterilize dental instruments and equipment; establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, other health care professionals and patients; maintain strict patient confidentiality as outlined in HIPAA guidelines.
The Beavercreek, Sunnyside, Gladstone and opening soon, Sandy, Dental Clinics are open Monday-Friday. Positions typically work a five (5) day work week/8 hours per day. Clinic assignment could change for intermittent business needs.
Specific work schedule (hours/days) will be discussed at the time an offer of employment is extended.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 400,000 citizens.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Clackamas County Health Centers provide direct medical, dental, and mental health services to Clackamas County residents.
We provide services at our Integrated Primary Health Care Clinics, our mental health clinics, or through our School Based Health Centers.
Health Centers is a Division of the http://www.clackamas.us/h3s/
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3299431
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.