Provides focused research, analysis, planning, and statistical data maintenance services and support in order to facilitate the County's long-term planning and policy development efforts in a variety of areas including County operations, economic development, criminal justice programs, financial policies, citizen relations and communications, grant programs, legislative interests, intergovernmental programs, emergency management, strategic planning, and other County-wide initiatives.
Project employees have no guarantee of continued employment beyond the ending date of the project and may also be terminated at any time prior to the end of the project for any reason. Project employees are awarded full benefits with the exception of retirement benefits. These employees may be employed for a period of more than one (1) year, but not more than two (2) years without Commissioners Court approval.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a wide variety of professional-level survey, research, and data analysis support to the County Administrator's Office relating to a variety of County programs, projects, and initiatives as assigned.
- Generates and maintains statistical data regarding local demographic trends and economic activity.
- Develops and tracks performance indicators for use in benchmarking.
- Compiles data and prepares reports, studies, spreadsheets, maps, and graphic presentations for budgeting, strategic planning, criminal justice planning, and economic development purposes.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for data and information from citizens, County departments, elected officials, governmental agencies, and others.
- Gathers data and researches for development of reports, marketing and informational material, webpage updates, financial information, and other informational reports and publications.
- Provides policy analysis and program evaluation assistance in the areas of budget, community and economic development, criminal justice, emergency management, grants, human resources, transportation, planning, human services, and legislative issues as requested.
- Tracks and monitors progress of ongoing County projects, contracts, grants, and capital improvement programs.
- Provides support to, attends, and participates in meetings of various boards, committees, community groups and public meetings. Conducts field research associated with studies and various analytical assignments.
- Provides support to County legislative personnel including coordination of witnesses and testimony on County-related legislation, legislative bill analysis, and development of resolutions and legislative position statements for consideration by Commissioners Court.
- Communicates with local, federal, and state officials and representatives to identify resources, needs, programs, funding, and legislation that impact, affect, and enhance the efficiencies, operations, and opportunities of County and other local government programs.
- Provides specialized technical assistance, support, and training to County departments as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as required.