See the job brochure and ask questions about the position here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/austinraygood_gis-administrator-lone-tree-co-activity-6997956562371698688-RBaa?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The GIS Administrator will build industry leading GIS platforms to serve our community, staff, and partners. The GIS Analyst reports to this new position.The GIS Administrator oversees all aspects of the City’s GIS initiatives, including improving on existing systems, implementing new ones, and curating data sets. The position will oversee architecture and design, maintenance, implementation, support, and integration for all spatial data systems, servers, and projects.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
(The following essential job functions and examples of duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive. At the discretion of the supervisor and/or department director, duties may be modified to address business needs and changing business practices):
- Building and maintaining a comprehensive GIS system
- Facilitate installation, maintenance and upgrades of GIS hardware and software on personal computers and servers
- Manage & recommend an annual GIS budget
- Create and deliver effective training, materials, and documentation that is accessible to all levels of users across the organization
- An emphasis on creating secure, stable, supportable, and predictable GIS infrastructure
- Improves work processes by creating and improving spatial data collections and GIS technology
- Maintain GIS spatial data level security to ensure proper rights and permissions are in place to maintain productivity
- Maintain and regularly audit security to provide integrity and safety for all datasets and processes.
- Maintain a GIS ticket queue to provide prioritized support for issues and requests
- Determines appropriate data compression techniques, resolutions, sizes, color map, and depths to ensure that images and graphics are delivered at a sufficient speed and quality for optimal intended media output
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and best practices for GIS applications and participates in local, regional and state groups focused on GIS.
- Perform database administration and maintain GIS infrastructure, architecture, upgrades, patching and versioning of all GIS systems
- Work with IT Systems Administrator to ensure backups and business continuity of all GIS systems
- Serve in a supportive role for emergency management by providing mapping and analysis to aid in situational awareness during the course of events and critical incidents
- Other duties as assigned.
At least five years of progressive experience in programming, digitizing, and drafting maps using GIS applications. Project management and supervisory experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to develop and stick to an ambitious but realistic GIS roadmap
- Confidence in facilitating projects and conversations with departments to develop the tools they need
- Coordinates with departments to plan, design, and implement procedures that enhance access and responsiveness of GIS
- Ability to prioritize multiple high priority GIS demands and negotiate realistic expectations with a high level of customer service and responsiveness
- Background, experience or certification in the following platforms: ESRI GIS Software (ArcGIS Enterprise desktop and server, ArcPro, ArcMap, and ArcGIS Online), Autodesk, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Accella and Cartegraph are a plus, but not required.
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel and visitors of the City of Lone Tree.
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment, e.g. copier, fax machine and personal computer.
- Demonstrated personal effectiveness, credibility, thoroughness, flexibility, and collaboration skills in adhering to and advancing the City’s vision, mission and values and ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Geology, Civil Engineer, Information Systems or a similar field.
**This position will start on/around January 1, 2023