Closes On: July 12, 2020
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary Information: $55,286.40/Per year Step 1 to $88,400.00/Per year Step 20 - Depending on Qualifications
**New graduates will be considered**
Represents the State of Kansas as a trial attorney in felony, misdemeanor and traffic cases. Represents the petitioner in mental illness and alcoholic commitment cases. Represents the State of Kansas in juvenile offender and child-in-need-of care cases. Research and write appellate briefs. Present oral arguments for cases.
1. Graduation from a college or university with a four-year bachelor-level degree.
2. Graduation from an American Bar Association-accredited school of law with a Juris Doctor.
3. Admitted to practice law before the Kansas Supreme Court and all inferior courts of the State of Kansas. Admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas.
1. Two years of experience in the practice of law, preferably as a trial lawyer in the area of criminal law.
2. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. An ability to interact with other law enforcement agencies, social welfare agencies and public service organizations.