How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $64,406 - $125,591
We are looking for an experienced Economist to join our Financial Management team.
In this role you will:
- Maintain and improve NCDOT's existing forecast models and develop new forecasting model applying econometric and forecasting methods.
- Use your skills in economic forecasting software and SAS to prepare forecasts.
- Provide independent analysis to meet policy objectives, financing, programming options, and financial implications. Develop the state transportation improvement program budget as well as our maintenance & operations and modal area spend plan.
- Collaborate extensively with NCDOT colleagues to prepare projects of transportation revenues and expenditures under diverse economic and policy scenarios.
- Monitor revenue collections by producing monthly revenue targets by revenue source in collaboration with the NCDOT’s Office of Strategic Initiatives and Program Support, Office of State Budget Management, and NC General Assembly Fiscal Research Division and execute forecasting models.
- Consistently evaluate and refine forecasting methods, including through learning and applying enhancements in SAS programming knowledge.
- Perform economic analysis, create reports, memos, and presentations,
What You Bring
- Considerable knowledge of economics, applied statistics, econometrics, cost-benefit analysis, and policy analysis.
- Solid analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize and apply diverse analytical methods.
- Skills in negotiation, teamwork, adaptability in response to analytical challenges and evolving demands.
- Ability to work well under tight timeframes and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply new skills, absorb complex information, develop, organize, and effectively communicate and present complex materials in an understandable and informative way.
- Strong abilities to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting laws, policies, and procedures.
- Teamwork skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with associates, legislators, other public officials, and the public.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree in Economics, and
- 12+ credit hours of coursework in economics at the Doctoral level, including Price Theory and econometrics, and
- 2+ years experience in theoretical economics or statistical analysis work; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Carla R. Williamson at 919 707-4200.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on