NCPRD Recreation Program Manager
Job ID: 106690
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This position will remain open until filled. The first application review will be Monday, December 19, 2022. We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time on or after that date.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Annual Pay Range: $81,602.24 - $110,164.51
Hourly Pay Range: $39.231844 - $52.963706
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package for employees in regular status positions.
This is a full time non-represented group 2 County position.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District (NCPRD) seeks an experienced, dynamic, and creative park and recreation professional to manage and oversee the District's recreation programming and special events.
The Program Manager will oversee the NCPRD recreation team that provides a wide array of recreational opportunities to enhance personal health and the quality of life for all residents of the District. The program offers services at the Milwaukie Community Center, Concord School Property, and NCPRD parks directly and in partnership with other providers.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the budgeting, planning, coordinating, and administrative duties of all recreation and special event programming of the District. This position entails a high degree of customer service, attention to detail, flexibility, and supervision of full-time, part-time, volunteer, and temporary staff.
NCPRD focuses on diversity and inclusion to meet the needs of underserved populations residing within the District's challenged socio-economic areas. The Program Manager, as part of the NCPRD Leadership Team, will help identify underserved groups and provide relevant programs and events.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• A minimum of six (6) years of related experience coordinating recreation programs that would provide the required knowledge and skills to perform the responsibilities of this position
• At least two (2) of those years must include leading or supervising the work of others (i.e. providing daily work direction and/or scheduling, assigning work, checking completed work, and/or training)
• Experience motivating staff to provide quality service
• Knowledge of youth, teen, adult, recreational, adaptive and specialized recreation programs, and large scale special event planning and delivery
• Knowledge of procurement and contractor and vendor management
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as part of the regular work schedule
• Current certification in American Red Cross: CPR/PR (Professional Rescuer), AED, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogens
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/69fd8013-4594-4afd-bee9-f1e0aeab42ea.
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP or CPRE)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office specifically Excel or related spreadsheet software
• Experience recruiting community business partners
• Experience working with online recreation software for membership, registrations, and rentals
• Experience with marketing, promotion, or graphic design
• Certification to train staff in American Red Cross CPR/PR (Professional Rescuer), AED, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogens
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage all recreation programming by overseeing programs, events, and rentals; evaluation of program effectiveness and determine and initiate, terminate, improve, or expand programs and offerings to the community. Develop and evaluate programs; communicate with individuals, agencies, community, and other organizations to determine needs.
• Higher, direct, and motivate program and facility staff, contractors, And volunteers to provide safe, quality recreational opportunities to our residents; prepare performance evaluation; administer progressive discipline; facilitate staff training and development of programs; promote cooperative team efforts among the staff, with other county departments, and partners.
• Receive, investigate, and resolve participant, volunteer, staff, citizen, community group, or community partner inquiries, concerns, complaints, and problems.
• Managing and coordinate contracts for programming and use of facilities.
• Development and implementation of operational plans, program objectives, and short and long-range goals; develop and oversee implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines to meet Established goals in standard; ensure compliance with health and safety codes in licensing requirements; monitor facility and equipment upkeep.
• Coordinate with the marketing team on developing and distributing publications, flyers, newsletters, websites, and social media materials for activities, events, and programs.
• Participate in the district management team.
• Management program budget with development, recommendation, and monitoring. Oversee fees and charges for all recreation programs in cost recovery evaluation for programming.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Thorough knowledge of: General recreation management best practices including those related to Parks and Recreation facility operation, program development, project planning, and/or park and facility maintenance, as well as Federal, State and County health and safety laws, codes and regulations related to recreation service provision.
Working knowledge of: Management principles and practices, including supervisory and budgeting techniques; techniques of consensus building; funding sources and financing methods; participative management theories; basic marketing concepts and techniques; recordkeeping techniques.
Skill to: Organize, direct, train, evaluate and discipline professional, paraprofessional, administrative and maintenance staff; direct staff in continuous efforts to improve quality, productivity and effectiveness; incorporate team participation in decision making; respond to changes desired by citizens and District staff; develop and administer recreation programs, services, goals and objectives to meet needs of community; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; prepare and deliver oral presentations to public and private groups; prepare and justify budget requests and grant proposals; develop, administer and evaluate processes and procedures; prepare and maintain reports and records; collect, compile and analyze information and data; operate computer software and other office equipment; interpret and apply Federal, State and local laws, regulations and statutes; establish and maintain effective working relationships with local schools, community organizations and businesses, vendors, media, District and County employees and the public.
Requires working weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This position works 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday. Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended. This position is eligible for hybrid on-site/telework subject to the https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/9065b5fb-2237-47ce-9534-e7c8c40fc2bc and based on the Department's business needs. The exact amount of on-site/telework and schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager during time of offer. Telework locations cannot be located outside of Oregon or Washington. Washington residents must perform 50% of their time on-site at Clackamas County.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents..
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District (NCPRD) is a service district of Clackamas County dedicated to providing exceptional parks and recreation programs, facilities and services. Voters approved the formation of the District in 1990 because they saw the need for greater parks and recreation services in the north end of the county. The District - which serves more than 105,000 residents in a 27-square mile area - includes the city of Milwaukie and a large area of unincorporated Clackamas County.
NCPRD offers 32 parks, many acres of natural areas and sensitive habitat, and a network of trails including the 6-mile Trolley Trail. Additionally, NCPRD offers a wide range of programs, services and events, and operates several recreational facilities such as the North Clackamas Aquatic Park, Milwaukie Center and the Concord Property.
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
James Callahan, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3663245
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.