Job Number: 2020-20
Classification: Management Analyst
Closes: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Eugene- Springfield Fire
Exempt, Full Benefits
$26.99- $37.79/hour, depending on qualifications
The successful candidate will join the Administrative Services’ Finance and Reporting team with the primary responsibilities of performing professional analyses of budgetary, organization, management, policy, and legal issues, and recommends courses of action.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Develop and maintain databases to track program or operational activities
- Develop and maintain financial forecasting tools
- Evaluate and develop appropriate metrics, analytics, and key performance indicators
- Assist in the preparation of the department’s annual budgets by projecting costs of service, reporting metrics, and writing supporting materials
- Assist in the development (including technical writing, collaboration with process owners, and analysis) of the department’s planning documents including the standards of cover, strategic plan, and annual report
- Develop work plans, timelines and resource allocations for assigned programs; monitors progress to ensure objectives and deadlines are met
- Interprets laws and ordinances; reviews legislation and other rules and regulations pertaining to fire and emergency services; monitors for compliance
- Assists in the development and coordination of grant applications to support department operations
- Analyzes business processes and identifies improvements and efficiency
- Maintains version control documentation
- Creates and updates reports, queries, utility programs and linkages between programs involving multiple data platforms
- May identify, verify, and reconcile compliance with established fire and emergency services standards
- May coordinate or assist with technology issues and projects related to fire and emergency services operations
For the complete Management Analyst job descriptions, please see the City’s classification page: https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/classifications-pay-scales/
Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, or a closely related field, and;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in one of more of the following areas: analysis and development of organizational policies, budget preparation, program coordination, grant administration, Fire and/or EMS administration.
Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience may be considered qualifying.
Preferences may be given for knowledge and experience:
- PeopleSoft Financial and PeopleSoft HR applications
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards
- GIS software
- FIREHOUSE Software or fire-related records management systems
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License by time of appointment
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/careers/ to learn more about this job posting and how to apply.