This position is responsible for semi-skilled work functions to operate motorized light- to heavy-weight equipment to maintain and repair town grounds and streets, and to provide solid waste collection services.
Salary Range: $37,711.00 - $60,338.00 annually
- Maintains streets, sidewalks and right-of-ways; maintains and replaces traffic regulation and warning signs; repairs asphalt streets using the hotbox equipment, as well as cold patching potholes.
- Collects residential refuse by driving a solid waste vehicle; collects yard waste by driving a trash truck, pickup truck or leaf truck; collects downtown trash from street cans, park litter and facility cans; provides "back door" service for elderly and/or physically challenged residents; delivers rollout carts to customers; transports garbage to landfill.
- Maintains town parks and trails; performs routine maintenance for park facilities, such as picnic shelters, restrooms, playgrounds and fields; provides general lawn maintenance, including herbicide application and mowing grass; maintains stormwater facilities; communicates with park visitors.
- Performs emergency and/or safety services to address issues related to routine maintenance and weather related incidents; removes dead or diseased trees or those impacted by severe weather events; removes dead animals from public right-of-ways.
- Performs maintenance on the town clock; installs seasonal and holiday décor; provides special event preparation and staffing, including delivery of garbage and recycling containers, codes and/or barricades, and litter collection to maintain a safe and clean environment; performs set up of equipment and/or furniture for town social functions.
- Communicates with the public; notifies citizens of routes, policies, and guidelines, and delivers public notices, tags or delivers hand-tags notifying residents of town code violations.
- Assures a safe work area; flags traffic at work area as needed; follows safety regulations; assists in performing routine servicing and maintenance of equipment used in carrying out assignments; maintains the interior and exterior of town vehicles.
- Loads and unloads equipment and supplies.
- Drives or operates trucks, tractors, and other equipment including solid waste collection truck, dump truck, pickup truck, leaf vacuum truck, tractor/tanker truck, bucket truck, weed eater, front-end loader, skid-steer, grapple loader, spreader, asphalt roller, bobcat, backhoe, chainsaws, mowers, snowplow or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED and 1 year of related experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licensure, Certification, and Specialized Training:
- Class B Commercial Driver's License with airbrake endorsement