NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Intern - Event Planner for Septemberfest (Cultural Services Department) summer with an online application deadline of 03/31/2023.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
PAY RATE: $18.00 per hour.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position provides clerical support in a busy office environment in the weeks preceding the fest which includes heavy phone and email contact with the public, as well as participants in the fest. Other duties include preparing mailings and the dissemination of fest-related information, and attending meetings of the Septemberfest Committee. Position typically works a 13-week period based on a 20 hour work week in June, 25 hour work week in July, and a 30 hour work week in August. The availability to work all three days of Septemberfest (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Labor Day weekend) as well as the week prior to the Septemberfest weekend is required.
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people, be able to shift gears comfortably, and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects, organize time and work cooperatively with others.
1. Provides clerical support to the Special Events Coordinator in the months preceding the Labor Day Septemberfest event.
2. Responds to phone, email and walk-in inquiries from the general public and fest participants.
3. Prepares emails, mailings and information packets for dissemination.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. In process of obtaining a Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in Special Event Planning, Public Relations, Communications, Recreation, or a closely related field.
2. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
Temporary employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER