NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Intern - Community Risk Reduction (Fire Department) summer with an online application deadline of 03/31/2023.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
PAY RANGE: $19.03 - $27.60 per hour based on a 40-hour workweek.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position conducts fire inspections in residential and commercial properties in accordance with the Village’s fire codes and ordinances. This position monitors and documents violation information and must have a general knowledge of fire codes. Prepares written and verbal reports based on inspection data. Position is for the summer months typically based on a 40 hour work week.
To succeed in this role, applicants will need to effectively and clearly communicate to a full range of people, be capable of prioritizing multiple projects, organize time and resources effectively, have a willingness to learn, and be able to shift gears comfortably.
1. Primary responsibility will be to conduct fire inspections to promote fire safety and prevent fire hazards. These inspections will include site meetings with property managers and owners.
2. Enters inspection results in computer data system and manages various computer applications as assigned.
3. Prepares and submits reports of inspection findings with pertinent code sections of violations.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalency of college hours.
2. In process of obtaining a Bachelor's or Graduate Degree in fire science or a closely related field.
3. A minimum of six months of general work experience.
4. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of fire codes and inspection regulations.
5. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
6. Personal vehicle required with mileage reimbursement.
7. Candidates should be detail oriented, self-motivated, and possess superior organization and writing skills.
8. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
Temporary employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER