About The Position:
Plans, organizes, and manages the activities of the Planning, Research, and Accreditation Section in the Police Operational Services Bureau.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview . Final selection is contingent upon a background investigation which includes:
- Fingerprinting search of the national FBI Database
Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment:
* May be waived for current Scottsdale Police Department employees.
The timeframe for reapplication with the Police Department varies based on the position and the needs of the organization.
Click here to review the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time, potentially without advance notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Years of experience are based on a work schedule of 2,080 hours per year for full-time positions and 1,040 hours per year for part-time positions, and while work experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis, depending upon the job classification, education may not be substituted for work experience.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Four years' experience in Research, Policy Analysis, Project Management, or related experience.
- One year of lead or supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Preferred: Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, or Business Administration.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Develops, directs, and implements police strategic planning projects, research projects, policy development and law enforcement accreditation programs, including facilitating training on accreditation processes.
- Supervises employees and coordinates personnel-related activities to include, but not limited to: training, approving work schedules, recommending/approving personnel actions, coaching and counseling, establishing performance goals, and writing performance evaluations.
- Oversees the submission of law enforcement data to national and state reporting agencies.
- Performs extensive research for special projects; collects information on operational and administrative problems and performs comprehensive analysis; synthesizes information; prepares comprehensive administrative, operational, and statistical reports or manuals for use by internal and/or external organizations.
- Performs program evaluation and organizational analysis; monitors procedures and methods; prepares oral and written presentation findings and recommends action; performs survey design and data analysis.
- Establishes long-range and short-range plans, develops forecasts, and makes recommendations to strategically position the department to meet current and future needs.
- Coordinates the development of process improvements through the use of data analytics.