NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Community Health Nurse (Fire Department) part-time
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $31.90 - $35.49 per hour working up to 19 hours per week. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $31.90 - $46.26.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position provides care to Schaumburg residents requiring intermittent home visits. Using the nursing process, the essential core of practice, the registered nurse delivers holistic, client focused care. This position requires the registered nurse to work collaboratively with other village employees and area agency staff in assisting residents in challenging situations. This position assists with employee and community clinics following standing orders, which are signed by the Public Health Advisor. Nursing services are based on the American Nurses Association Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Practice.
The ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people, be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals, and shift gears comfortably. To succeed in this role applicants will need the capacity to understand and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
1. Acts as a consultant to residents, family members or guardians, employees, area agency staff regarding available services in the Schaumburg area.
2. Collects and analyzes comprehensive data pertinent to the resident’s situation and identifies actual or potential health conditions or needs. This may include the need for home assistance, medical equipment, connecting the resident to community resources or area agencies, and options for medication adherence.
3. Coordinates care delivery by sending the physician the Client Status Information (CSI) form, if necessary, completing all verbal/written orders, updating the physician regarding changes in the resident’s condition, reporting adverse medication reactions, along with acting as an advocate.
4. Promotes a healthy lifestyle and a safe environment by educating the resident regarding their medical condition, discussing disease prevention strategies, encouraging healthy behaviors, and steps to reduce the risks of a fall.
5. Offers screenings, immunization/wellness clinics, and educational programs to employees, residents, community groups, and independent living facilities.
6. Contributes to an environment that is conducive to the clinical education of nursing students.
7. Participates in the interdisciplinary management of clients who live in a hazardous home site.
8. Participates in emergency preparedness activities and assists with emergency sheltering or Point of Distribution (POD) operations, if needed.
9. Dedicates self to the core values of customer service, teamwork, integrity, respect and trust with the goal of providing excellent services and programs to meet the needs of the community and those within the organization
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
2. Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Illinois. Completes 20 contact hours of education as required for license renewal.
3. A minimum of two years of experience as a professional nurse. Public health, home health, geriatric, or rehabilitation nursing experience preferred.
4. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
5. CPR certified.
6. Proficient with current computer software systems including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
Part-Time employees are not eligible for benefits.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER