The City of Bloomington, MN is seeking an individual to provide leadership, planning, coordination and ongoing management of the Housing & Redevelopment Authority, in a manner that will advance its mission to increase housing opportunity for low and moderate income persons, preserve the existing affordable housing inventory and foster commercial, industrial and residential development and redevelopment.
The HRA Administrator is a member of the Community Development Department’s leadership team and works in partnership with the Department’s other divisions on strategic planning, problem solving, team building and the sharing of information, in order to ensure all divisions and the overall department successfully achieve their mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in planning, housing, public administration, or closely related field and six years of professional experience in the housing and redevelopment field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years responsible experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices that impact a housing and redevelopment authority.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written and graphic communication skills.
- Superior organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks simultaneously.
- Work experience in residential and commercial area revitalization programs.
- Government work experience in housing and redevelopment programs.
- Work experience in development and promotion of neighborhood-based programs.
- Additional supervisory experience.
- Experience working with and within the Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) community.
- Experience working with housing developers and housing projects.
- Familiarity with rent, accounting and banking experience.
- Familiarity with legal agreements.
We will begin reviewing applications on July 23, 2020.
Apply: Apply online at www.BloomingtonMN.gov/hr.
The City of Bloomington is an AA/EEO Employer.