It's a great time to be in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Park Development Manager to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year, an attractive retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you put into retirement.
As a Park Development Manager for the City, you will be directing the development and project management for short and long-range planning. Work involves developing a park, trail, and facility master plans; developing and planning documents; and oversight of the parkland dedication ordinance.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops park, trail, and facility master plans; develops plans for parks, trails, and recreation facilities. Coordinates implementation of the parks & recreation components of the Pflugerville Comprehensive Plan - analyzes existing park amenities via site visits and ArcGIS analysis.
- Plans and leads public input meetings for all park-related planning or development projects. Communicates with citizens regarding park projects, programs, or existing facilities/amenities. Work with the City Manager's Office staff (Communications Department) to keep the public informed about project progress.
- Performs ordinance review and enforcement; meets with developers to integrate parks and approve site plans that integrate privately constructed park amenities on City property. Reviews plan submittals and site plans to ensure requirements are being met. Processes letter of acceptance for dedication forms and Recordation Release Forms for all plans submitted.
- Participates in interdepartmental workgroups on city initiatives and projects. Participates with interdepartmental workgroups on development review and workgroups on City policy teams/initiatives.
- Develop, prepare, and present information to City Council, City Management, and other departments related to or associated with Park regarding park projects, plans, or existing facilities/amenities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Landscape Architecture or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of park development experience or a similar position.
- Registered Landscape Architect w/ the State of Texas.
- Valid Class C Driver's License.
- Flexible scheduling and the opportunity to work from home.
- 10 hours of vacation leave per month, 3 weeks per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, 12 days per year.
- Sick leave incentive pay- Employees are compensated in December each year for 25% of their unused sick leave accumulated during the preceding fiscal year.
- Medical insurance and benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 50% dependent health benefits premium contribution.
- Dental benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 24 hours of paid personal holiday leave each fiscal year.
- 10 wellness hours each fiscal year for eligible preventive and mental health services.
- Longevity pay of $8 per month begins with the first anniversary and will be paid on a separate paycheck in December of each year.
- Retirement plan includes a 7% contribution of an employee's gross salary to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a City contribution match of 2 to 1 (14%) at retirement.
- Retirement eligibility requires 5 years of service at age 60 or 20 years of service at any age.
- Employees also have an additional retirement fund option to participate in a 457 plan.
- Long-Term Disability is employer-paid and covers 60% of the employee's salary up to $7,500.
- Military leave provides up to 15 days of paid leave per fiscal year for eligible employees.
- Education reimbursement assistance up to $2,000 per fiscal year.
- Employer-paid basic term life insurance policy two (2) times an employee's base salary, up to $325,000 maximum.
- 40 paid service hours are available to volunteer within our community.
- Up to 160 hours of paid parental leave to eligible employees following the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption, foster care, or other legal placement to care for and bond with the child.
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please visit https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/city-government/people-and-culture/benefits.
If you are interested in making a difference in the community and wish to join the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!