The Commissioner of Human Resources is a key leader within the organization and is responsible for effectively planning, developing and implementing an equitable recruitment process and an integrated human resources strategy across Tompkins County Government.
The Tompkins County Commissioner of Human Resources will...
- Independently analyze and resolve complex problems;
- Plan and supervise the work of others in an office situation consisting of multiple decentralized divisions;
- Understand, interpret, and carry out complex oral and/or written directions and instructions;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Gain cooperation of others and to project a professional image;
- Actively value inclusion and integrate policies that support a diverse County staff;
- Plan, develop, and recommend progressive, equitable, and innovative human resources and employee relations policies and practices to improve and enhance overall County operations;
- Serve as a strategist that assists with organizational design, executive coaching and development, and the implementation of learning and development programs for employees;
- Act as a key leader in the County’s Equity & Anti-Racism Strategy by reducing barriers to hiring and supporting a more racially diverse workforce;
- Provide administrative oversight of the mandated civil service functions of Tompkins County.
To learn more visit: https://tompkinscountyny.gov/personnel/Employment_Opportunities