Lake Bluff, IL (pop. 5,722) Beautiful, progressive lakefront community seeks local government professional with exceptional communication skills and experience in planning and zoning to serve as the Assistant to the Village Administrator. The Village of Lake Bluff is a family oriented community located 30 miles north of Chicago on the shore of Lake Michigan along State Route 41 and is the northernmost North Shore community in southeast Lake County. Lake Bluff offers exceptional New England-like charm, high quality of life, fine residential estates, and distinctive recreational opportunities. An efficient team of 34 full-time staff (15 law enforcement professionals) provides high-quality, in-house services (Administration, Community Development, Fire (volunteer), Finance, Public Works and Police); and oversees both shared and privatized (Engineering, Legal, IT Support, certain Public Works Functions) local government services as well.
The position will appeal to those who aspire to grow in their career as they will have the opportunity to be involved in all facets of local government management with a focus on planning, zoning and economic development and manage high profile projects including an update to the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and new historic preservation programs. With several significant economic development projects on the horizon, this is an exciting time to work for Lake Bluff. The Assistant to the Village Administrator position reports directly to the Village Administrator and supports Department Heads in the day-to-day operations of the Village.
The Village is seeking an experienced and collaborative professional to serve as Assistant to the Village Administrator. The successful candidate will have:
● A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in public administration, political science, urban planning, journalism, or related degree. Master’s degree in public administration or urban planning preferred along with at least three years of progressively responsible experience working in a municipal organization.
● Background in planning and/or community development is ideal. AICP Certification is a plus.
● Strong project and time management skills.
● Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present complex information to any audience using a variety of communication channels.
● Excellent reputation and a demonstrated high level of honesty and integrity.
Starting salary range is $84,552-$132,808 DOQ. Send cover letter and résumé with contact information for five professional references at once but not later than February 10, 2023, to Kathleen (Katy) Rush, Vice President, GovHRUSA at www.GovHRjobs.com.