The City of Naperville IT department is looking for an experienced Desktop Engineer to join its team. This technology professional will work with an outstanding group of IT professionals in providing technical support and troubleshooting related to the installation, maintenance, and management of IT systems.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting related to the installation, maintenance and management of systems including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), BitLocker and enterprise and departmental software configurations.
- Manage tools and processes for deployment and management of desktop and mobile computing.
- Create, update, and maintain operating system (OS) images for deployment for various types of city supplied hardware and make them available through SCCM. Customize the OS user interface for ease of use and management.
- Create, update, and maintain application deployment tasks in SCCM for over one hundred enterprise and departmental applications. Thoroughly test the deployment tasks to ensure a quality product for the end users.
- Run and create custom reports of queries based on customer's needs from SCCM.
- Perform network administration functions including Microsoft Active Directory and Office365 portal for user account creation and permissions, group policies and print services.
- Monitor Office365 Admin Center for service interruptions and bulletins, initiate appropriate communication and action as needed.
- Provide Level 2 technical support and troubleshooting for personal computers, mobile computers, tablets, phones, printers and other software and peripheral equipment.
- Assist PC Techs with the installation of personal computer hardware and software.
- Assist network group in configuring and troubleshooting enterprise and departmental application servers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience troubleshooting in a network and/or personal computer support capacity in a Windows environment with at least 3 years of SCCM experience.
- Current Comp ITA A+ or Network+ certification.
- Valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or equivalent.
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
Applications should be completed thoroughly, and resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application but should be attached to the application. Include all requested education, experience, attachments, and other information when applying. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection. Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address provided in the application.
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE (Download PDF reader) for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.