How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $41,429 - $72,500
We're looking for a skilled engineering technician to join our Location & Surveys team that provides statewide engineering and geomatics analysis in the development of transportation facilities and property acquisition.
In this role you will:
- Serve as a lead technician over a smaller group of junior technicians in the creation of MAP Act exhibits.
- Oversee and review the work of the staff assigned to the work group.
- Produce mapping products such as Condemnation Sketch Maps, Condemnation Exhibit Maps, and Written Deed Descriptions for use by the Right-of-Way Unit in their Negotiations and Appraisal sections.
- Generate and review data to be placed in our online GIS Right-of-Way Management System (ROWMS) system.
What You Bring
- Expertise in CADD and survey procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of NCDOT org structure, our Legal Unit, and the associated roles/responsibilities of these teams.
- Experience maintaining detailed records.
- Experience performing complex analysis of findings and recommending corrective actions.
- Expertise and understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures used in the acquisition of NCDOT Right-of-Way.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology, or related discipline, and
- 3+ years progressive technician experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Debbie Pell at 919-707-6803.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on