How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $58,294 - 102,015
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Airport Development team that manages state and federal grant programs and provides technical assistance for infrastructure development at NC's 72 public airports.
NCDOT Aviation promotes the economic well-being of North Carolina by developing a safe and robust air transportation system. Awe drive aerospace development, state and federal airport development grant programs, unmanned aircraft systems safety and use, aviation safety education and training, and air transportation that advances state agency missions.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the administration and supervision of State and Federal funding sources.
- Work with public airports and provide support with planning, design, construction and maintenance of asphalt pavement, lighting systems, and facilities.
- Facilitate annual meetings with airports and stakeholders to review programs and project status.
- Attend final inspections.
- Be the primary point of contact for a region of airports.
- Review and comment on project plan sets, specifications, and scope of professional services.
What You Bring
- Superior communication skills including public speaking, technical writing, and conflict resolution.
- Experience planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently or with limited supervision.
- Experience applying engineering concepts to solve complex problems.
- Experience working in a team environment to complete assignments.
- Customer service experience related to scenarios solving problems involving complicated engineering concepts with customer groups.
- Computer and software skills in Microsoft Office , SAP, CADD, Microsoft Project/Scheduling, and GIS.
- Trained by FAA or educational institutions on airport planning, design and administration.
- With a strong background in construction management.
- With an aviation background, such as a pilot's certificate.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, and
- 3+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Eileen Cusyck at 919-814-0581.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on