Library Support Services Operations Manager
Job ID: 106894
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT. https://www.clackamas.us/countyadmin/spirit
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This position will remain open until filled. The first application review will be Thursday, March 9, 2023. We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time on or after that date.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Annual Pay Range: $81,602.24 - $110,164.51
Hourly Pay Range: $39.231844 - $52.963706
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position. This position is classified as an Office Manager.
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees), and a robust sick and vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering, health and wellness classes and events, and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle. Employee benefits become effective the first of the month following an employee's date of hire.
Attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions are detailed below.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 16 hours of vacation accrual per month
• 8 hours of sick accrual per month
• 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
• Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP):
• Employer-paid 6% PERS retirement contribution (The county currently pays the employee's share of the retirement contribution.)
• OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay
• Other retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457b Deferred Compensation Plan
• A variety of additional optional benefits (see links below for additional information)
This is a full time non-represented group 2 County position
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Libraries in Clackamas County (LINCC) Library Support Services seeks a collaborative, experienced, and service-oriented library professional to join our team as our next Operations Manager.
We are looking for a candidate who will ensure member libraries receive the outstanding, responsive support they need to serve their communities and help our employees be successful in their daily work and careers.
In coordination with the Library Network Manager, this position supervises the day-to-day operations of LINCC Library Support Services. This work includes scheduling, purchasing, collaborating on budget planning, coordinating with staff at member libraries. The person in this role also interacts with other County departments on behalf of staff and customers.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience working in a library or in centralized library support services
• At least two (2) years of that experience must have been in a lead, supervisory, or management position overseeing the work of staff
• Experience developing and monitoring departmental or program budgets and expenditures
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships both internally and externally by exercising tact and independent judgment, especially while working with people who may be experiencing extreme emotions/stress
• Strong communication skills
• Experience working with vendors, including evaluating and implementing products or services, and working with vendor representatives to identify issues and monitor performance
Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience managing office functions and procedures
• Experience leading projects, programs and/or initiatives
• Experience analyzing processes, policies, and procedures for efficiency; identifying opportunities for improvements and providing written recommendations based on the analysis
• Experience evaluating workflow and re-prioritizing to meet business needs in a fast-paced environment
• Experience hiring staff and evaluating performance
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Promotes team development and motivates staff to provide quality service to member libraries and Clackamas County residents.
• Works with County's centralized human resources department, researching processes for staff (e.g., payroll related questions), completing necessary forms, monitoring compliance with County policies and processes, managing and approving timesheets and employee schedules, including time off requests.
• Assigns and monitors work for staff in materials handling, IT, ILL, and the work of an office specialist II.Assists with preparation of budget, monitors and approves expenditures, and responds to billing issues in a timely manner.
• Follows the County's Clarify, Converse, Capture (CCC) framework to monitor staff performance. This includes having regular meetings with direct reports, and completion of annual summary documents.
• Analyzes workflow and processes to maximize efficiency and meet high customer service standards. Provides direction and training related to that work.
• Identifies staffing needs and works with manager and human resources to recruit new staff including the interviewing, hiring, and onboarding/training/professional development.
• Recommends and administers progressive discipline when needed.
• Promotes connections and cooperation with other County departments, including coordination with facilities management services for the office.
• Reviews vendor contracts and agreements for compliance and adherence in consultation with County Procurement team, and assists with negotiating new vendor contracts as needed, as well as managing vendor relations.
• Connects with counterparts in other library systems to improve and enhance services offered to our customers and to residents.
• Manages, evaluates, and maintains efficient office procedures and systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Thorough knowledge of: Standard office practices, procedures and techniques; principles and practices of personnel management; bookkeeping and record keeping techniques; operation and maintenance of office equipment, including personal computers and software applications.
Working knowledge of: Business English and composition, spelling, punctuation and grammar; basic math; practices and techniques of conflict resolution and mediation.
Skill to: Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; implement techniques and concepts of modern office management to coordinate activities, staff and work flow of an office support unit; direct staff in continuous efforts to improve quality productivity and effectiveness; incorporate team participation in decision making; establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, staff, clients and personnel of other businesses in a courteous, professional manner; supervise, train and evaluate personnel; accurately type, transcribe and proofread correspondence and other documents; operate computer software and other office equipment.
Duties may require occasional driving a motor vehicle and may involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and traffic hazards.
Duties may require occasional standing, walking and sitting for long durations, bending, balance, reaching forward, grasping, and climbing up and down, and the ability to lift up to 70 pounds, carry 40 pounds, push 75 pounds, and pull 90 pounds. Duties also involve frequent exposure to slippery surfaces.
This position works 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday. Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended. This position is eligible for hybrid on-site/telework subject to the https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/9065b5fb-2237-47ce-9534-e7c8c40fc2bc and based on the Department's business needs. The exact amount of on-site/telework and schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager during time of offer. Telework locations cannot be located outside of Oregon or Washington. Washington residents must perform 50% of their time on-site at Clackamas County.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
LINCC Library Support Services provides a variety of centralized services to the 13 independent, autonomous member libraries of the LINCC cooperative, including:
• Integrated Library System (ILS) administration and support
• Network administration and desktop computer management/support
• Centralized cataloging, bibliographic data maintenance, and technical services support
• Materials handling services, including a 7-day/week courier service, daily sorting of all transited library materials, and centralized Interlibrary Loan (ILL) management
• Working closely with LINCC professional committees (Adult Services, Youth Services, Teen Services, Innovation and Marketing, Multicultural Services, Circulation, and Technical Services) to facilitate and support the development and implementation of cooperative-wide practices, procedures, and initiatives, and
• Centralized procurement, contract administration, and invoicing member libraries.
The services and support we provide help LINCC member libraries to share their collections, offer patrons a consistent customer experience, identify and take advantage of opportunities for cooperative-wide efficiencies, and collaboratively develop and implement initiatives to improve the quality, variety, and responsiveness of library services throughout the cooperative.
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Once a job applicant has accepted a position, they will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States prior to their first day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
James Callahan, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3937229
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.