Survey & CADD Supervisor (Transportation Engineering & Construction Program)
Job ID: 106909
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PRINT OR SAVE THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR YOUR REFERENCE.
IT WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE AFTER THE CLOSE DATE.
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This recruitment will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis, at least weekly.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment at any time on or after that date.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees) and a robust sick and vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering a variety of gym membership discounts, annual wellness fairs and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle.
Competitive compensation package:
Annual Salary Range: $89,967 - 121,456
Hourly Pay Rate: $43.25 - $58.39
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 16 hours of vacation accrued per month
• 8 hours of sick accrued per month
• 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
• Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP):
• Employer paid 6% Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) retirement contribution (The County currently pays the employee's share of the retirement contribution.)
• OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• Other Retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision and prescription drug coverage
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay
• A variety of additional optional benefits (see links below for additional information)
This is a full time non-represented group 2 County position.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Are you a registered Professional Land Surveyor?
• Are you ready to share your knowledge of CADD software and expertise in survey work?
• Are you invested in making a difference within the community by administering road statutes and supporting capital projects and various traffic, road maintenance, transportation planning and other programs?
• Do you envision yourself in a role that allows you to use your leadership skills to develop and support employees, to foster a collaborative work environment, and to contribute to organizational effectiveness and success?
• Do you have a personal commitment to putting ethics into action by holding yourself to the highest standards of professionalism, honesty, and objectivity?
If you answered YES to the questions above, please read on!
Clackamas County Department of Transportation & Development (DTD) is seeking a motivated, experienced, and collaborative leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills to join our Transportation Engineering & Construction program as a Survey & CADD Supervisor. The purpose of the Transportation Engineering & Construction program is to provide survey, design, right of way, construction and project management services to the public, so they can safely and efficiently connect with goods, services, employment and people. The program provides professional and technical engineering services, including road engineering and surveying, right-of-way services, construction management and Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD).
If selected for this position, you will be responsible for performing survey and CADD work as well as supervising assigned staff. The Survey and CADD Supervisor is a registered Professional Land Surveyor responsible for supervising and overseeing a section of land surveyors and engineering technicians with survey and CADD duties that support capital projects, development review, road statute administration, traffic engineering, road maintenance, transportation planning and other programs with transportation infrastructure related projects. This classification provides overall direction for the section in planning, scheduling, budgeting, project definition, project management, and policy development. This position functions as a senior level Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) reference and provides professional expertise relating to transportation infrastructure and various aspects of surveying.
We are committed to being an exemplary organization with best practices in transportation engineering and construction. To that end, we are searching for an individual, who is motivated to promote and foster a collaborative, partnership-focused environment for a highly functional team with a strong focus on core values and innovative solutions, demonstrating strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills that will allow us to maintain, develop and enhance our operations.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Registration as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in the State of Oregon, or, if licensed in another state, ability to obtain registration within 6 months of hire. (Note: Proof of registration will be required prior to the final offer of employment is extended to the selected candidate.) License must be maintained throughout the course of employment.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a PLS
• A minimum of one (1) year of professional lead work experience that includes leading the work of others, such as providing daily work direction and/or scheduling, assigning work, checking completed work, and training
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with CADD software and services
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience making survey maps, construction drawings and construction staking plans
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience writing and reviewing legal descriptions and deeds
• Experience in a supervisory role including assigning work, training staff, preparing and reviewing team or individual performance appraisals, correcting performance deficiencies and recommending corrective actions
• Experience preparing, monitoring, and administering a budget
• Experience developing and implementing policies, goals, and objectives
• Experience developing and implementing road statute administration
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE
We are searching for someone who:
• Aligns with Clackamas County Core Values of Service, Professionalism, Integrity, Respect, Individual Accountability, and Trust “SPIRIT”.
• Builds & Maintains Professional Relationships with internal and external customers, partners and stakeholders by honoring commitments and delivering exceptional customer service.
• Commits to Teamwork and Collaboration by working effectively towards a shared goal, encouraging sharing of information, productive problem solving and putting team success first.
• Demonstrates Excellent Customer Service by anticipating, assessing, and responding effectively to the needs of those we serve.
• Communicates Professionally demonstrating self-awareness, respect for others, and adjusting to various levels of technical skills & understanding of subject matters.
• Embraces Continual Learning through commitment to continuous learning, self-improvements, and willingness to grow within the job as technology and organizational changes demand it.
• Seeks to Problem Solve by using critical thinking and analytical skills, identifying alternative strategies & developing a solution-focused approach to address challenges or issues.
• Displays Creativity and Innovation by taking initiative in improving processes, programs, services and products through new approaches or ideas and being open to others' ideas.
• Promotes Cross Cultural Effectiveness by engaging in a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds and values.
• Puts Ethics into Action by holding themselves to a high standard of professional, honest, and objective behavior in all dealings and interactions.
Please review the classification specification which includes the typical tasks of this position by clicking on the following link: https://www.clackamas.us/des/survey-and-cadd-supervisor.
This position works 40 hours during a standard workweek with one of the following schedules:
• Monday through Friday, working 8 hours per day (5/8)
• Monday through Thursday, working 10 hours per day (Friday off)
Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended.
Please Note: This position is eligible for hybrid on-site/telework subject to the https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/9065b5fb-2237-47ce-9534-e7c8c40fc2bc and based on the Department's business needs. The exact amount of on-site/telework and schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager during time of offer. Telework locations cannot be located outside of Oregon or Washington. Washington residents must perform 50% of their time on-site at Clackamas County.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of the Department of Transportation and Development (DTD) is to assist citizens and businesses in creating vibrant, sustainable communities through innovative and responsive public service.
DTD is responsible for a broad range of county services involving land use planning and permitting, building permits, county code enforcement, solid waste and recycling, road construction and maintenance, surveying, plat approvals, public land corner restoration and dog services. The county's urban renewal programs also report to DTD.
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
Victoria Vysotskiy, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3949221
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.