Welcome to the Town of Angier, where we empower 39 full-time employees and 12 part-time employees! We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate leader to join our team as our next Town Manager. Here at the Town of Angier, we believe in preserving our history, embracing a future of tremendous growth, and maintaining our small southern town charm. This is your opportunity to join the Town of Angier team and leave your mark on our Town.
Our Town Manager will need:
· Bachelor’s Degree (at minimum); Master of Public Administration or equivalent graduate degree is preferred;
· 5-7 or more years of progressive management experience within a small to mid-sized municipal government organization;
· Possession of ICMA certification (desirable);
· To reside within the Town (desirable)
What you can expect as Town Manager:
· Wear multiple hats, with special emphasis on working with a committed and engaged Board to strategically lead the community through growth opportunities related to economic development, transportation, aging, infrastructure, and quality of life improvements.
· Report to the mayor and a 4-person Board of Commissioners, and leads in delivering services provided by the Town, which includes utilities, finance, police, parks and recreation, planning, and engineering.
· Oversee budget development and the approved FY 22-23 total budget of $9.8M, supported by a tax rate of $0.49.
· Be effective at partnering with others to leverage funds through grants and shared services.
· Carry out the Board’s vision related to upcoming projects that include a large NCDOT transportation initiative, aging water and sewer lines, master planning for parks and recreation, bringing the UDO up to date, evaluating and updating Town policies and procedures, and revitalization for older and valued areas of town.
The anticipated hiring range is $120,000 - $135,000 with excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, 401K contribution, and NC Local Government Retirement. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full Town Manager Brochure can be found HERE. Interested candidates must submit a resume to Lee Worsley, Triangle J Council of Governments Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, visit www.angier.org.