About this opportunity
Are you a Safety/Risk professional who thrives in a dynamic environment where every day brings new challenges and opportunities to support a dedicated workforce? If this sounds like you, we encourage you to keep reading and apply to join our team!
The City of Hillsboro Human Resources department is accepting applications for an equity-minded Risk Management Analyst who has exceptional customer service, analytical, training, and research skills. Flexibility is a must as a typical day might find you pivoting between evaluating workers’ compensation claims, coordinating safety programs, tracking and analyzing data in our Records Management Information System, answering questions about ergonomics, and performing a wide variety of risk and safety related tasks to support our growing City and Risk programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience and skills providing advisory, analytical and professional services in support of Safety and Risk programs, including workers' compensation; property, auto, and liability claims, safety and loss control programs and trainings, ergonomic programs, insurance review and renewal, and ADA programs.
The Risk Management Analyst will research and work collaboratively with the Risk Team, our Information Systems Department, and consultant to implement an integrated Risk Management Information System (RMIS) that we can utilize to streamline and standardize all risk management data and proactively address risk and safety concerns. They will also be a part of the Risk Team Security Assessment for the City Facilities and Environment (SAFE) project where we partner with departments’ directors, managers, and employees to provide a safe and secure work environment for our employees as we serve our community and its members.
- Administers, oversees, and monitors the workers’ compensation program for the City by processing all workers’ compensation claims, connecting with injured employees, and supporting them through the process. Coordinates the workers’ compensation return to work program, reviews cost and expenses for all claims for accuracy, evaluates claim status and progress, and partners with Third Party Administer (TPA) for claim management.
- Administers, oversees, and monitors property, auto, and liability claims. Works with department staff, insurance brokers, claim adjusters, claimants/community members, and the Risk Manager to ensure timely and accurate claims processing. Files subrogation claims with third parties when appropriate.
- Utilizes RMIS to track all City’s claims, incidents, and potential claims. Prepares analytical loss reports and graphs related to workers’ compensation, property, auto and liability claims and other relevant reports to provide departments with actionable insights and information.
- Analyzes RMIS data and makes recommendations for preventative and loss control measures to reduce the frequency of claims and severity of losses throughout the City.
- Prepares and develops analytical loss reports and graphs related to all claims including workers' compensation, general and auto liability, property, subrogation, and settlements.
- Coordinates with the City’s Safety Officer on employee’s injury/workers’ compensation program; reviews and evaluates safety concerns, safety incidents, and safety training.
- Develops and coordinates with the City’s Safety Officer regarding City-wide training programs including safety and loss control programs and trainings; and the review of operating procedures for compliance with regulations the identification of unsafe conditions and recommends corrective actions.
- Provides training and assistance to City employees on risk policies and procedures, and claims procedures.
- Coordinates the City-wide Ergonomic program with Risk team colleagues, department managers and employees to ensure our employees have the appropriate tools, equipment, and resources to perform their job safely and effectively.
- Prepares and completes insurance renewal applications; works with Risk Manager to evaluate City’s risk and exposure to ensure adequate insurance coverage.
- Maintains property, auto, and mobile equipment insurance schedules by working with departments to determine current inventory and coverage needs. Utilizes the RMIS for schedules and insurance policies, and ensures our information is current.
- Coordinates the external facing Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) policies and programs; investigates community member complaints and concerns.
- Reviews Certificates of Insurance for coverage dates, liability coverage amounts, and additional insured endorsement language to ensure contractors/vendors financial responsibility are adequate.
- Performs special research and conducts City-wide risk and safety initiatives; drafts a variety of reports, memos, and other materials.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Business Administration, Risk Management, Insurance, or closely related field; and four years’ experience in risk, safety and claims management, to include employee training and development; or any combination of experience, education and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work. CPCU or ARM designation preferred.
This position requires a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
At the City of Hillsboro, we believe that hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.