Hillsboro Parks & Recreation is hiring for Program and Facility Leads! In this role you would help prepare and supervise facility and activity set-up for a wide range of activities with (but not limited to) Hillsboro Parks & Recreation programs and special events, internal rentals at recreation facilities and external community partners (Hillsboro Hops, Portland Timbers, Portland Thorns, Portland State University, Hillsboro School District activities).
Duties may include opening/closing facility (unlocking or securing gates and doors), first aid response/incident reporting, program/equipment set-up and support such as: net set-up, scoreboards and score sheets, audio equipment, facility lights, and roster verification.
Supervises activities to ensure safe environments and helps activities to run on time, players check-in/roster verification, records and reports scores to Program Supervisor, and confirms facilities are secure prior to departure.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to provide facility wide and lead worker support of the facility or program area. This position is distinguished from the Program and Facility Attendant in that it has the added responsibility of lead work over the facility’s and/or program’s staff.
Examples of Essential Work
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Provides operational and program oversight of a facility in the absence of a manager or supervisor.
• Leads staff including: prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment.
• Provides facility support for facility rentals, events, classes, and programs.
• Sets-up and takes-down tables, chairs, equipment and supplies.
• Maintains supplies, facilities repairs and inventory.
• Educates and enforces and explains program policies, rules and regulations.
• Monitors, opens, closes and secures the facility as needed.
• Inspects facilities and equipment, reports issues in a timely manner to appropriate higher-level staff.
• Receives and responds to questions, concerns and complaints from patrons and staff; determines issues and resolves or refers to leadership as appropriate.
• Participates in meetings, training sessions, workshops and reviewing new learning resources to remain current in assigned work area.
• Manages records and information in any format, in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and City policy, guidance and records retention schedule.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Acceptable Experience and Training
High School Diploma or GED and two years of related experience with one year of lead worker experience preferred; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Licensing and Certifications
Depending on assignment, some positions may require:
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
• Principles and practices of custodial and facility operations;
• Positive and effective customer service principles;
• Occupational hazards and related safety precautions and practices;
• Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
• Recordkeeping principles;
• Modern office equipment.
• Providing positive and effective customer service;
• Operating custodial equipment;
• Maintaining facilities and equipment in a clean, safe, and secure manner;
• Learning, monitoring and enforcing policies, rules and regulations;
• Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards;
• Promoting a culture of teamwork and communication by working in collaboration and treating coworkers with respect and dignity and maintaining an open mind to diverse voices and ideas.
City of Hillsboro's Core Values:
Employees at the City of Hillsboro are expected to exemplify the behaviors set forth in our Core Values as follows:
• Excellence in Public Service
• Respect for Diverse Voices and Ideas
• Responsiveness in Customer Service
• Tradition of Reliability
• Stewardship of the Public Trust
• Leadership with Ethics and Integrity
• Culture of Teamwork and Communication
• Emphasis on Innovation
Employees are also expected to promote a positive work environment and to be effective and collaborative team members, while providing responsive municipal services to the citizens of the City of Hillsboro.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: balancing, stooping, crouching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.