It's a great time to work in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Web/Graphics Specialist to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year, an attractive retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you put into retirement, and the possibility to work from home!
As a Web/Graphics Specialist for the City, you will be providing support to the City's website and ongoing maintenance needs of the various platforms and projects related to the web while also providing graphic design support. The ideal candidate will have a passion to grow new features and develop exciting products that benefit our internal and external users.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide support in the publishing, maintenance, and editing of content across the City of Pflugerville's public & internal websites.
- Assist the Application & Web Developer in web development projects & platform migrations.
- Assist the Application & Web Developer in website audits, content quality checks, and accessibility assessments.
- Provide technical support & content editing support to City staff members & internal stakeholders who upload content to our websites frequently, to ensure brand and technical compliance.
- Provide basic site testing for new and/or in-development website features, prior to release.
- Assist with Webex and virtual meeting programming in support of Application and Web Developer.
- Provide graphic design support for the Communications Department as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Formal Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Computer Science, Media Production, or a related field.
Preferred Qualifications: One (1) year of experience managing website content for a medium-to-large audience.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Flexible scheduling and the opportunity to work from home.
- 10 hours of vacation leave per month, 3 weeks per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, 12 days per year.
- Sick leave incentive pay- Employees are compensated in December each year for 25% of their unused sick leave accumulated during the preceding fiscal year.
- Medical insurance and benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 50% dependent health benefits premium contribution.
- Dental benefits are provided at zero premium cost to the employee.
- 24 hours of paid personal holiday leave each fiscal year.
- 10 wellness hours each fiscal year for eligible preventive and mental health services.
- Longevity pay of $8 per month begins with the first anniversary and will be paid on a separate paycheck in December of each year.
- Retirement plan includes a 7% contribution of an employee's gross salary to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a City contribution match of 2 to 1 (14%) at retirement.
- Retirement eligibility requires 5 years of service at age 60 or 20 years of service at any age.
- Employees also have an additional retirement fund option to participate in a 457 plan.
- Long-Term Disability is employer-paid and covers 60% of the employee's salary up to $7,500.
- Military leave provides up to 15 days of paid leave per fiscal year for eligible employees.
- Education reimbursement assistance up to $5,000 per fiscal year.
- Employer-paid basic term life insurance policy two (2) times an employee's base salary, up to $325,000 maximum.
- 40 paid service hours are available to volunteer within our community.
- Up to 160 hours of paid parental leave to eligible employees following the birth of an employee's child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption, foster care, or other legal placement to care for and bond with the child.
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please visit https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/city-government/people-and-culture/benefits.
If you are interested in making a difference in the community and wish to join the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!