NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Social Worker - Mobile Crisis (Police Department)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $75,253.00 - $92,196.00 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $75,253.00 - $109,139.00.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position will serve as the mobile crisis worker for the Schaumburg community. The mobile unit will respond to non- life-threatening mental health and substance use issues. This position will serve the community offering mobile response to individuals in mental health and substance use crisis.
The ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people, be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals, and shift gears comfortably. To succeed in this role applicants will need the capacity to understand and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
This position is grant-funded so it may be time bound if funding ends after one year.
1. Operates mobile crisis unit vehicle.
2. Responds to police calls for service that are mental health and/or substance use related.
3. Provides support, information, and linkage to services to community members with issues surrounding mental health and/or substance use.
4. Maintains ongoing professional relationships with community partners who supply mental health and substance use services. Maintains positive working relationship with police and fire departments.
5. Maintains clinical case notes on services provided along with collecting statistics on the program.
6. Develops ongoing therapeutic relationships with residents who historically have difficulty accessing services.
7. Provides case management services to aid residents with medication management, government aid applications, and life skills.
8. Participates in quarterly staff meeting with community stakeholders.
9. Provides training to public safety officers as needed or when requested by the department.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Makes presentations on related topics to internal and external groups as asked. Prepares periodic reports as asked.
1. Master’s Degree in social work, counseling/clinical psychology, or related fields.
2. A minimum of two years of experience providing social work services to the mentally ill.
3. State of Illinois clinical license in social work or an equivalent license.
4. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
5. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER