The City of Naperville’s Electric Utility Department is looking for a Project Manager to lead technical projects focused on the department’s installation and maintenance of electric facilities. This Project Manager establishes each project’s initial scope, schedule, and commitment dates and serves as the internal and external communication hub guiding stakeholders through City Code, process, and procedure to ensure electrical projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Developing project plans, schedules, specifications and measures for progress and quality
- Monitoring the progress of projects and proposed property development, and advising the division manager accordingly
- Developing bid requirements and reviewing & recommending appropriate equipment, supplies & vendors for the project
- Inspecting project-related work and approving payment to vendors for completed work
- Establishing and communicating project milestones
- Providing other departments with information related to electric projects and requirements
- Making recommendations of plan reviews, site plans, tenant plans and annexation agreements to the division manager
- Providing direction, guidance, and technical support to project team members; resolving conflicts and solving problems among project team members
- Developing and delivering presentations to stakeholders and/or at public meetings on project progress, variances, expenditures, and outcomes
- Responding to project-related inquiries
- Performing analytical, mathematical, or technical studies as assigned to prepare a variety of project-related reports and propose actions
- Conducting field walk downs when appropriate to identify and analyze corrective and preventive maintenance, modification, and project activities
- Preparing specifications and making recommendations for the purchase of related services & equipment
- Reviewing other utilities' requests to work in the public right-of-way
- Providing developers with policies regarding land development
- Attending project and utility coordination and concept meetings
- Reviewing engineering designs and work orders with the division manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (construction or project management, engineering, etc.)
- Three years’ related experience (leading and/or directing projects, or similar).
- Professional project management certification (or BICSI) certification may be substituted for some of the required education and/or experience.
- Valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
- Previous experience working for an electric utility
- Previous PMBOK training or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
Applications should be completed thoroughly, and resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application but should be attached to the application. Include all requested education, experience, attachments, and other information when applying. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection. Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address provided in the application.
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE (Download PDF reader) for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.