The City of Naperville is looking for a detail-oriented HR professional to provide technical and analytical support for the Human Resources Department, supporting and maintaining HR’s Management Systems.
- Maintaining confidential employee information in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Coordinates, maintains, and updates the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for the HR Department in conjunction with the IT Department; works with HR and IT staff to ensure that the HRIS and Electronic Data Management Systems (EDMS) meet HR needs.
- Assists in the review, testing and implementation of HR system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix.
- Develops HRIS user procedures, guidelines, documentation, and SOPs. Trains HR staff on new processes/functionality.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing department needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Tracks departmental metrics and prepares complex spreadsheets and reports on the data. Makes recommendations for improved HR metrics and provides guidance on the collection of data and best reporting mechanism.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HR systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery, and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials, and techniques.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ HRIS experience.
- Proficient in MSOffice including SharePoint and Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of Tyler Munis.
- Advanced knowledge data analytics tools such as Microsoft Excel and Power BI, or other reporting
- PHR/SPHR certification
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
Applications should be completed thoroughly, and resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application but should be attached to the application. Include all requested education, experience, attachments, and other information when applying. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection. Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address provided in the application.
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE (Download PDF reader) for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.