Human Resources Director – Sheboygan County, Wisconsin (pop. 118,034). Sheboygan County is strategically located one hour north of Milwaukee and one hour south of Green Bay. The County is bordered by breathtaking views of Lake Michigan to the east and the rolling glacial terrain of the Kettle Moraine State Forest to the west. The cities, villages, and towns that comprise Sheboygan County offer an enviable and affordable lifestyle amid beautiful settings and outdoor recreation options. The County seeks a technically-skilled Human Resources Director to lead the HR Department to deliver a comprehensive range of personnel services to a workforce of 850 employees.
Sheboygan County was originally established in 1838. The County is governed by a 25-member, non-partisan Board of Supervisors. There are other directly-elected officials, and 19 departments. The HR Director reports to the County Administrator.
The Director oversees a department handling a variety of areas including recruitment, selection and hiring, on-boarding, training, employee benefits, compensation and job classification, performance evaluations, policy development, collective bargaining, and legal compliance and reporting. The position manages five HR professionals, a department budget of approximately $800,000, and employee benefits budget of approximately $18 million. The position serves as a liaison to the County Board’s Human Resources Committee.
The County is seeking an energetic, ethical, and experienced leader with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
· Be comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment;
· Have a record of problem solving, decisiveness and approachability; and
· Possess a passion for public service, and preferably have government HR experience or private sector HR experience with a transferable skill set to the public sector.
Candidates should also have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business or public administration or closely related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that brings the knowledge, abilities, skills and leadership in the delivery of contemporary personnel services;
· A Master’s degree and/or certification through IPMA, SHRM, SPHR or PHR preferred; and
· Seven - ten or more years of experience, with at least five years of supervisory experience.
Starting salary: $95,000 – $125,000 +/- DOQ, plus exceptional benefits. Candidates should apply by June 16, 2023 (open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, Tel: 847-380-3197. Sheboygan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.