NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Electrician (Engineering & Public Works)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
SALARY: $35.65 per hour or dependent on contract language based on a 40-hour workweek. This position is represented by a union; you may refer to the EPW Local 150 collective bargaining agreement available on our website.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position performs highly skilled electrical work of installing, locating trouble, and repairing general electrical systems and equipment; responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with practices of the electrician trade. Work requires exercise of considerable technical judgment and initiative within the framework of established regulations and policies.
To succeed in this role applicants will need to demonstrate leadership qualities, self-awareness, and effectively communicate to people inside and outside the organization. We are looking for a team member that can prioritize requests and responsibilities with accuracy and in safety.
1. All those listed in Maintenance Worker 2 position.
2. Performs skilled journeyman electrician level installation, alteration, preventive maintenance and repair work on electrical lighting and power systems, including fixtures, control equipment, motors, wastewater and water pumps, and wiring for lighting, power supply, HVAC, and communication systems of buildings and other facilities.
3. Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs all types of malfunctions associated with the Village’s electrical systems.
4. Reads and understands blueprints, plans, and schematic diagrams.
5. Provide plan review and consultation on electrical system improvements.
6. Drive a 58,000 pound GVWR plow truck and operate equipment during snow and ice operations.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
May act as Foreman in Foreman’s absence.
1. Education equivalent to a high school diploma.
2. A minimum of five years of documented hands-on experience under a qualified journeyman electrician, preferably with work focusing on street light systems, or maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical systems for commercial/industrial buildings.
3. Possession of a valid Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or ability to obtain within six months from date of hire.
4. Possession of a valid IBEW A Journeyman Card or a state regulated Industrial Journeyman Electrical license.
5. Proficiency with current computer technology, job specific software, and customer service systems t.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER