At Regional Transportation District (RTD), We make lives better through connections!
When you join RTD, you will be among dedicated employees exhibiting RTD's values of passion, respect, diversity, trustworthiness, collaboration, and ownership. RTD is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. As part of our diversity value statement, we encourage our employees to honor diversity in thought, people, and experience. Come join RTD on this great journey to be the trusted leader in mobility, delivering excellence and value to our customers and community.
RTD Employee Benefits: https://www.rtd-denver.com/careers/benefits
(RTD Represented Employee Benefits: Please refer to the Labor Agreement included in the above link for details.)
This position provides oversight for the design, installation, management, maintenance, and capacity planning for the organization’s technical security systems and consults on capital projects incorporating CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) principles. Salary Range: $67,403 - $104,475.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists in the management of integrated security systems for the division.
* Coordinates development of technical specifications and provides other technical expertise for the design, installation, and expansion of various technological security projects and coordinates maintenance of critical security systems. Coordinates with information technology on integration of systems.
* Acts as Systems Administrator for critical security systems to include but not limited to; card access control software, video management software, and emergency phone and mobile security systems.
* Assists Chief of Police & Emergency Management with the design of existing security (CCTV & Card access) infrastructure for existing buildings and new constructions.
* Responsible for design and technical procurement, project oversight and budget management of new and existing integrated security projects.
* Provides oversight of contracted technical staff maintaining division security systems.
* All job-related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems and /or Criminal Justice with computer system coursework or related field is preferred.
* A minimum of five years of experience in the analysis, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of critical technical security systems.
* A minimum of five years of experience evaluating and administering contracts for complex security systems including development of system specifications.
* A minimum of four years of experience installing and working with access control hardware including readers, panels, interface boards, power supplies, and appropriate door hardware for a given installation.
* Proficiency in technological networking principles including Cat5/Cat6, fiber optics, Ethernet, routing and WiFi.
* Proficiency in data communications including LAN/WAN principles and protocols and TCP/IP protocols.
* Proficiency in various video transmission techniques including fiber, twisted pair technology, coaxial cable transmission, course wave divisional multiplexing, wireless transmission techniques and IP based transmission.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Ability to use sound judgment.
* Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
* Ability to research and evaluate technical information in reference to hardware and software for network performance.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and on call shifts.
* Certified Security Project Manager
* Access Control and supervisor License
* Fiber Optic certification
* An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
Based on job performance, experience, education and position availability the next step on the career map for this position may be: Other Systems Administrator positions within the organization
$67,403.00 - $104,475.00 Annual
RTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy [ https://www.rtd-denver.com/sites/default/files/files/2022-12/EEO%20Policy%20Statement-%20UPDATED.pdf ]