At Regional Transportation District (RTD), We make lives better through connections!
When you join RTD, you will be among dedicated employees exhibiting RTD's values of passion, respect, diversity, trustworthiness, collaboration, and ownership. RTD is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. As part of our diversity value statement, we encourage our employees to honor diversity in thought, people, and experience. Come join RTD on this great journey to be the trusted leader in mobility, delivering excellence and value to our customers and community.
RTD Employee Benefits: https://www.rtd-denver.com/careers/benefits
(RTD Represented Employee Benefits: Please refer to the Labor Agreement included in the above link for details.)
This position assists with planning and coordination of division maintenance activities, and direct employee supervision.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Recruits staff including interviewing, hiring, terminating, assigning work, training, coaching, and counseling to ensure consistent application of Employee Guidelines, processes, and procedures. Conducts performance reviews, and holds employees accountable for optimal performance of their responsibilities.
* Ensures compliance with all Local, State and Federal regulations including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Fire Department regulations, FMLA and ADA.
* Consults with Legal, Human Resources and Labor Relations regarding employee relations issues, policies and procedures, ensures adherence to the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and applies provisions in accordance with guidelines. Participates in grievance procedures and reviews disciplinary actions which involve termination of represented employees.
* Analyzes and interprets financial reports to determine effective use of funds and makes recommendations on improvements.
* Coordinates with internal stakeholders and contracted services to improve consistency and assure professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
* All job-related duties as assigned.
* Associate Degree in related technical field preferred.
* A minimum of three years of experience in supervising and directing a fleet maintenance operation in a union environment.
* Proficiency in electrical, mechanical and hydraulic principles practices and repair.
* Proficiency in federal, state and local occupational safety, health standards and principles and hazardous materials handling regulations.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Cummins in-site, and ZF-Testman.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
* Ability to use sound judgment.
* Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
* An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; explosives and risk of radiation.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CORE COMPETENCIES: SUPERVISOR
SAFETY: Promotes safety as agency’s number 1 priority in decision-making, reporting, learning, mitigation and follow-up. Zero tolerance for unsafe conditions or acts. Promotes continuous improvement of safety culture.
COMMUNICATION (C): uses coaching skills, good listener, clear and concise communicator, empathetic, respectful of others
TRAINING & DEVELOPING: provides hands on training and instruction, encourages educational development
WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT (C): timely completion of assignments and projects, willingly undertakes special assignments, manages time to address tasks during normal working hours.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: provides feedback on performance throughout the year, initiates performance plans and disciplinary actions at appropriate times, plans ahead to prepare and present appraisal to salaried employees within thirty days of due date (only exception is unplanned extended absence), consistently follows the CBA in performance management of represented employees.
ETHICS AND INTEGRITY: perceived fairness; tolerance; honesty; consistent in application of policies and procedures.
DIVERSITY ORIENTATION: encourages and supports diversity of employees and contractors (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise); participates in Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action events and training; refers EEO/AA concerns in a timely manner.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
ACTION ORIENTATION: persists and finishes projects despite obstacles, or redirects when necessary; takes action and addresses opportunities with little supervision; takes extra steps to prevent mistakes or create opportunities
ANALYSIS: evaluates different alternatives and selects or recommends the one that best meets the business and professional need of the situation without regard for personal biases
TEAMWORK: respects all members; solicits other’s opinions; supports and complies with team decisions; shares useful information.
Based on job performance, experience, education and position availability the next step on the career map for this position may be:
Operating Division Maintenance Manager
$87,289.00 - $135,298.00 Annual
RTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy [ https://www.rtd-denver.com/sites/default/files/files/2022-12/EEO%20Policy%20Statement-%20UPDATED.pdf ]