NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Purchasing Account Clerk (Engineering & Public Works)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING PAY RATE: $24.40 - $27.28 per hour based on a 35-hour workweek. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $24.40 - $35.91. This position is represented by a union; you may refer to the AFSCME collective bargaining agreement available on our website.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position performs a wide range of purchasing and accounting duties required to maintain a centralized purchasing system including inventory work orders, procurement card program, and asset management functions.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people and be capable of prioritizing multiple projects, organize time and resources effectively, and complete work with accuracy. We are looking to add a team member with the ability to shift gears comfortably.
1. Processes, coordinates, and serves as first level approver for purchasing in the Fleet Division.
2. Orders parts and materials through an electronic order request system for the department.
3. Maintains a Procurement (Pro) Card, provides/verifies correct accounting, and processes Pro Card payments for the department.
4. Enters invoice charges into an electronic work order system.
5. Monitors Fleet Division budgets. Research and reports status of budgeted funds vs. expenditures for the Fleet Division as requested.
6. Maintains storeroom inventory. Electronically processes parts and supply orders for all EPW divisions, on request and from low inventory reports.
7. Performs weekly cycle counts of Fleet Division and department parts.
8. Locate and pull preventative maintenance parts for fleet vehicles and charge out parts appropriately through the division’s software.
9. Coordinates department shipping and receiving with multiple vendors, maintains records of these expenditures by division. Research requests from department for non-receipt of orders.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
2. A minimum of one year of general office experience.
3. Forklift Certified or ability to obtain certification within 6 months from date of hire.
4. Possession of a valid driver's license with the ability to drive a personal or public vehicle to different Village locations to perform work and/or to transport equipment.
5. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within six months of employment.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER