How to Apply
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 250+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $51,616 - $90,328
We are hiring an experienced revenue-forecasting accountant to join our Financial Management team in our Raleigh headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development, ongoing review, monitoring, and implementation of individual forecasting models used to forecast revenues of the Highway Fund, Highway Trust Fund, Federal Highway, and Mass Transit Trust Funds. Your forecasts will be used in State's Biannual Budget process, Department's multi-year spend plan, and the 25-year Statewide Transportation Plan.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the revenue models by gathering data, suggesting linkages between economic variables and tax bases, and ensuring that recent tax law changes are incorporated into the models.
- Review and discuss economic and revenue forecasts with colleagues.
- Assist in/write reports explaining the economic and revenue forecasts and ensure proper documentation of forecasting models to facilitate review and evaluation by internal/external parties.
- Be a liaison with NCDOT's independent private consultant overseeing our Revenue Forecast.
- Lead research projects, monitor and analyze tax legislation, and present findings.
What You Bring
- Considerable knowledge of finance and statistical techniques.
- High level understanding of economic theory and statistics.
- Extensive analytical skills involving program/financial analysis and evaluation.
- Knowledge of government operations, state budget procedures, and the legislative processes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, organize, effectively communicate, and present complex material in an understandable and informative style.
- Skills to exercise judgment and discretion applying and interpreting spend plan/budget policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely and convert spend plan/budget information into an understandable and informative structure.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders including associates, legislators, other public officials, and the public.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or (Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, or a related discipline, and 18 semester hours of accounting); and
- 4+ years of accounting/auditing experience in the preparation of interpretive/analytical accounting/financial statements and reports; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Carla Williamson at 919-707-4200.