As part of the Fleet Division of the Public Works Department, the Equipment Technician performs skilled repair, service and maintenance on a wide variety of the City’s fleet, off-road equipment and heavy-duty trucks, including utility line trucks, fire apparatus and ambulances.
Note: The current opening is 2nd shift only and the hours are 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. This shift includes a 10% shift differential in pay.
• Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical problems and heavy equipment with gasoline and diesel engines including hydraulic systems, computerized equipment, and pumping equipment in the shop and in the field.
• Performs scheduled preventative maintenance to keep down time at a minimum.
• Maintains current and accurate records of repairs and maintenance.
• Maintains all heavy-duty truck and off-road equipment and MAKES necessary repairs.
• Participates in training and remains current on latest technology and repair procedures.
• Performs welding and fabrication on body and frame parts as well as custom-built accessories and equipment.
• Cleans work area and follows safety rules and regulations.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent plus additional technical training required.
• Three to five years of experience in a related field.
• A minimum of two ASE Certifications
• Must possess a complete set of automotive tools including, mobile storage for those tools.
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL): Class B; Ability to obtain Class A.
(Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted.)
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.