WHY WORK FOR WACO:
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Make a difference and improve communities
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Full Range of Benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Mandatory TMRS Retirement Plan with a 2:1 City Match
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Longevity Pay
- And More!
- Chance to do work you are passionate about
- Job Security
- Desire to give back
THE CITY OF WACO SEEKS:
A Facilities Quality Assurance Program Manager to lead a comprehensive quality assurance program for all city facilities and department functions by preparing standards, guidelines, preventative maintenance programs, inspections, and datasets governing and documenting facilities’ functions. The ideal candidate is proficient with building information modeling systems, enterprise asset and facility management solutions, and experience creating complex organizational systems. If you have quality assurance program management experience that ranges from performing inspections, analyzing data, developing and implementing plans and keeping detailed records to ensure the desired outcome is reached, apply now!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Assurance, Engineering, Management, Business Administration or related field
- Three years of quality assurance project management experience in a relevant field
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Equivalent combinations are a Masters Degree and one (1) year of quality assurance project management experience, an Associates Degree and seven (7) years of quality assurance project management experience, or eleven (11) years of quality assurance project management experience with no degree.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) background check.
Under general supervision, oversees and manages the quality assurance program and building information systems for the facilities department. This position receives general guidance from the Director of Facilities and provides guidance and support to employees in the respective general service areas.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and implements a comprehensive quality assurance program for all city facilities, department projects, maintenance, custodial and other functions.
- Provides leadership, development, and maintenance of specifications, standards, guidelines, and deliverables for facility projects, maintenance, and custodial services.
- Coordinates standard details, drawings, specifications, product data, and other technical documentation required throughout the development and maintenance of standards and guidelines and as required to document, illustrate, clarify, assist, or develop other functions.
- Maintains all building information and record documentation; maintains current building plans, details, reports, specifications, operation and maintenance documentation, and other relevant systems, construction, and maintenance documents for all current facilities.
- Develops, maintains, and prepares reports of all building and asset data sets: acts as Administrator of department asset and facility management systems.
- Oversees and maintains third-party and regulatory testing, inspections, posting, and recordkeeping for all sites.
- Manages department environmental programs and data and acts as an Asbestos Program Manager.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance programs, inspections, and documentation of related procedures.
- Assists all department functions in the development of workflows, checklists, inspections, and other means of monitoring and documenting procedural compliance and performance.
- Conducts regular facility inspections, reviews, and analyses to assess compliance with established standards and identifies areas for improvement.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and other project documents during design and construction; ensures compliance and identifies opportunities for continual development of standards and guidelines. Participates on internal and city-wide project teams as a reviewer, approver, and subject matter expert. Visits and reviews work sites.
- Reviews pending and completed maintenance tasks and work orders; ensures compliance and identifies opportunities for continual development of standards and guidelines.
- Evaluates and monitors key metrics and performance indicators to inform standards, procedure development, and improvement opportunities. Analyzes data and generates reports on quality performance, trends, and areas of concern and presents findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with residents, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Driving is essential.