Pace Suburban Bus, Arlington Heights, IL. GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment and selection process for a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program Administrator with responsibility for day-to-day development, implementation, monitoring, and revisions to the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program pursuant to 49 CFR 26 and serves as Pace's DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO) to ensure Pace's compliance with DBE and SBE related federal and state laws, procedures, and regulations.
Position report to Department Manager of DEIA
Position responsibilities include:
• Serves as the office liaison between community members and business owners, as well as municipal, state, and federal departments.
• Coordinates the daily operations of the DBE and SBE programs in accordance with federal guidelines, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Regional Transportation Authority Act, Executive Orders, and other applicable laws and regulations.
o Organizes all Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) program and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) program outreach events.
o Serves as liaison between Pace and community organizations, business owners, government agencies, and the unified certification program in Illinois, DBEs, and SBEs.
o Conducts initial certifications, annual reviews, expansion reviews, certification reviews, and removals of DBEs and SBEs in accordance with federal guidelines and DBE and SBE program procedures.
o Supports and performs the certification, contract compliance, and administrative functions of the DBE and SBE programs.
o Investigates complaints related to the DBE and SBE programs and initiates action as required.
o Consistent maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records and the timely preparation of detailed internal and federally mandated reports
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, and special reports related to the DBE and SBE programs.
o Monitors Pace's compliance with the DBE and SBE programs.
o Conducts site visits to certify DBE and SBE organizations.
• Participates in pre-bid, pre-proposal, pre-award, pre-construction meetings and bid and proposal openings.
o Reviews each requisition and identifies contracts and procurements to ensure that DBE goals are included in the solicitation (both race-neutral methods and contract specific goals attainment).
o Identifies requisitions as SBE set asides.
o Reviews third-party contracts and procurement requisitions for compliance with the DBE and SBE programs.
• Provides outreach to DBEs, SBEs, and community organizations to advise them of opportunities.
• Advises Pace's Executive Director on DBE and SBE matters and achievements and compilation and analysis of relevant data to achieving DBE goals and other program requirements.
o Sets triennial goals for federally assisted projects, and annual goals for non-federally funded projects.
o Trains and supports the DBE Compliance Specialist.
o Coordinates the efforts of Pace staff to effectively carry out the DBE and SBE programs.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, finance, or related field or any combination of education and experience that equals five years of equivalent work experience in the administration of a DBE or diversity supplier program.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• A valid driver's license with a good driving record. Local travel is required.
• Proficiency in business software
• Must have excellent:
o verbal and written communication skills,
o organization and detail orientation,
o strong interpersonal skills,
• Must be able to
o work with sensitive information while maintaining strict confidentiality and
o prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Work is performed in a professional office environment as well as at construction and other sites.
o Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to DBE
o Experience working with B2Gnow, Oracle, and FTA TrAMS
o Familiarity with Minority/Women Business Enterprise programs
- Pace currently has a temporary hybrid work environment after completion of the probationary period of 6 months and based on business need.
- In addition to generous health, dental and vision benefit programs, Pace also extends participation in the following plans:
o Retirement Benefits –Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Pension Plan or opting out and receiving a 7% employer contribution to RTA 401(k) Plan.
o Retirement Savings Plans – Voluntary deferrals are allowed on a pre-tax basis and/or Roth basis to the 401(k) or 457(b) plans
o Tuition reimbursement
- If work / life balance is important to you, Pace offers this cutting-edge package:
o Vacation – 2 weeks (Accrual during the first year)
o Paid Time Off (Leave) – 15 days annually with ability to convert unused hours to sick or 401(k) contribution
o Paid Holidays – 6 days
o Floating Holidays – 5 days
- Pace is setting the employer standard for offering a full-service health and wellness programs that include:
o Flexible Spending Health and Dependent Care (Pace contributes 30% up to a maximum amount of $1,500 for dependent care)
o Employee Life and Supplemental Life Insurance for the entire family
o Health Club Reimbursement (up to $40 per month)
o On-site Wellness Program
- Anticipated hiring range – up to $90,000 +/- DOQ
- Please submit résumé, cover letter, and contact information for three to five professional or supervisory references. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and the position open until filled.
- The position posting, and application instructions can be found on the GovHR USA career center at www.GovHRjobs.com.
- Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to: Joan Walko, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, LLC at (410) 499-9586.
- Pace Bus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.