Senior Case Manager (Supportive Housing)
Job ID: 107159
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Monday, September 25, 2023.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Annual Pay Range: $58,964.96 - $74,525.50
Hourly Pay Range: $30.238443 - $38.218203
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees), and a robust sick and vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering, health and wellness classes and events, and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle.
Employee benefits become effective the first of the month following an employee's date of hire.
Attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions are detailed below.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 12 hours of vacation accrued per month
• Eligible newly hired employees will have the one-time option to frontload their first year of vacation accruals in compliance with https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/a51ff5d3-d243-49ba-aa11-15324f4c0bf8! This means you have access to vacation time at time of hire.
• 8 hours of sick accrued per month
• 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
• Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP):
• Employer paid 6% PERS retirement contribution (The county currently pays the employee's share of the retirement contribution.)
• OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay
• Other retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457b Deferred Compensation Plan
• A variety of additional optional benefits (see links below for additional information)
This is a Full Time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Clackamas County Social Services Division is looking for a passionate, experienced Senior Case Manager to provide program support for a variety of programs that serve people experiencing homelessness.
We are seeking an individual with strong working knowledge of the needs and barriers of homeless people and people at high risk of homelessness. The Senior Case Manager will serve as a resource and support for the direct service staff, including training and orientation of new direct service employees, as well as provide oversight for many of the case management duties including documentation reviews and quality compliance audits. The Senior Case Manager will serve on rotation with other supportive housing team staff as back-up for direct service staff in the event of unexpected or planned absence as well as carry a small caseload of homeless prevention and rapid re-housing clients.
Successful candidates will have the ability to relate to the underserved, homeless and disabled populations; ability to work independently or as part of a team, be highly organized, assume responsibility, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, multitask, be flexible, and maintain a high level of attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a lead role with case management and experience working in a supportive housing program.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• At least three (3) years of related experience that would provide the required knowledge and experience to perform the responsibilities of this position
• At least two (2) years of experience as a Case Manager or similar function working with homeless and/or low-income populations, including handling rent, utility, and income calculations
• At least two (2) years of experience using creative problem solving, with successful results, in preventing people at high risk of homelessness from becoming homeless, or helping those who have been homeless access and maintain permanent housing
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of strengths-based case management, principles and techniques of interviewing, offering supportive services and crisis intervention
• Knowledge of effective recordkeeping techniques and skill to maintain accurate and concise records
• Ability to work in effectively in a multicultural environment and to advance equity in all aspects of program delivery
• Experience building relationships and networks with clients, colleagues and community partners
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/69fd8013-4594-4afd-bee9-f1e0aeab42ea
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience in a lead or senior case management role
• Experience working in a supportive housing program
• Knowledge of social, health care, culturally specific, financial, and general community resources
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist Program Manager in training new direct service staff
• Perform file reviews to ensure high quality service is being delivered and documentation is present in compliance with funder requirements
• Review initial and ongoing rent, utility and income calculations to ensure regulations are being followed
• Analyze program processes and recommend process improvements as appropriate
• Work with direct service staff and supervisor to update program manuals
• Perform preliminary review of payment vouchers and procurement card statement reconciliations (supervisor maintains responsibility for signing off on vouchers)
• Administrative tasks including helping direct service staff with file organization, archiving, setting up check lists, reporting, etc.
• Serve on rotation with other supportive housing team staff as back-up for direct service staff in the event of unexpected or planned absence
• Carry a small caseload of homeless prevention and rapid re-housing
This position is included in the County's alternate workweek program, working 37.5 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Thursday (Fridays off):
• Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended.
• This position is eligible for hybrid on-site/telework subject to the https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/9065b5fb-2237-47ce-9534-e7c8c40fc2bc and based on the Department's business needs. The exact amount of on-site/telework and schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager during time of offer. Telework locations cannot be located outside of Oregon or Washington. Washington residents must perform 50% of their time on-site at Clackamas County.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Social Services Division provides assistance to seniors, people with disabilities, veterans, and low-income residents of Clackamas County.
Social Services is a Division of the Health, Housing, and Human Services (H3S) Department.
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Once a job applicant has accepted a position, they will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States prior to their first day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
Kelly Schaefer, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4564814
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.