NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $115,393.00 - $141,369.00 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $115,393.00 - $167,345.00 .
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position has managerial and technical responsibilities in all human resource (HR) management programs including recruitment, policy administration, worker’s compensation and risk management, HR document management, training and professional development, employee and labor relations, employee benefits and wellness programs, classification and compensation management, Human Resource Information System (HRIS), Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), and the development of the human resources strategic plan, practices, and objectives. This position works closely with other departments to resolve employee relations issues through performance documentation and corrective action.
1. Assists the Director of Human Resources with day-to-day oversight of the Human Resources Department including the overall administration and operations of the Human Resources department.
2. Assists with the overall administration of employee and labor relations to include collective bargaining agreement negotiations and administration, grievances, arbitration, and unfair labor practices. Conducts studies and investigations into matters affecting employees and the workplace. Offers recommendations and action plans to resolve issues.
3. Oversees the village’s overall talent management and compensation plans.
4. Recommends opportunities to improve and align supporting systems to maintain an integrated approach to talent management and compensation.
5. Oversees the employee benefits, wellness program and Healthy U and Employee Engagement Committee initiatives. Ensures that recommendations for various programs will positively impact overall claims and cost.
6. Oversees the recruitment process to ensure compliance with village hiring practices and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
7. Develops policy and administrative protocols applicable to employees. Monitors policy/practice to ensure compliance with state and federal laws or regulations.
8. Responsible for human resources records administration for the organization.
9. Oversees unemployment compensation claims administration, worker’s compensation, risk, and safety programs.
10. Assists with administration of the HR department budget and position control.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration, organizational development, public administration, or related field.
2. Master’s degree preferred. If candidate does not possess a master’s degree at time of hire, they must obtain it within five years of employment/promotion.
3. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative human resources experience in several of the following: employee relations, HRIS, labor relations, compensation, benefit administration, recruitment, workers’ compensation, risk management, or training.
4. A minimum of two years of managerial experience coordinating a range of activities undertaken by others that involve directing, monitoring, and evaluating performance of staff is preferred.
5. Professional certification is highly desired.
6. Proficiency with current computer software systems.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen (including cannabis).
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER