Police Officer – Entry Level
Police Department – HP 2024-45
Human Resources Department, Phone 503-681-6455 Fax 503-615-3459
Annual Salary: $77,640 – $97,788
Terms: Full-time, non-exempt position with benefits
Close: 11:59 p.m., Sunday, October 22, 2023
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
General Description of Duties:
A professional, sworn position that performs law enforcement and crime prevention work including patrol and investigation; apprehension of criminals, preservation of peace and protection of life and property; enforces Federal, State and local laws; practices the principles of Community Policing; does related work as required.
Experience and Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by college-level coursework;
• Some experience in law enforcement, military or other fields (for example, psychology, social service, customer service) that demonstrates desired knowledge, skills and abilities; OR Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work will be considered.
Necessary Special Requirements:
• Be at least 21 years of age by the date of appointment;
• Possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Oregon Driver’s License;
• Have a safe driving record;
• Be a United States citizen at time of appointment;
• Be able to possess a Basic certificate from the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) within 12 months of employment;
• Be in good physical and mental health as determined by a medical and psychological examination;
• Must pass an extensive background investigation and be free of felony conviction
Our Core Values
Delivering exceptional police service to the Hillsboro community through shared values of Dignity, Respect, Service and Just Outcomes.