Salary Range: $79,325 - $104,386 annually
Placement on salary range based on relevant experience presented in application materials
Full-time, non-exempt position plus full benefits package.
This position is open until filled. First review of applications will take place on September 11th , 2023
About This Opportunity
The City of Hillsboro's Information Services Department is seeking a dynamic, engaging and energetic individual to join our team as a Network Administrator.
As a Network Administrator for the City, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the City’s Network and Windows server infrastructure. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, and supporting Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019 and 2022 in a physical and virtual environment.
- Execute a planned program of patch management, including coordination, testing, deployment, staging, installation, verification, and production support.
- Performs daily health checks (Network status, security dashboards, backup reports, Office 365 dashboards and storage utilization) and Microsoft security updates.
- Provides support for network core, edge, VPN, routers firewalls and networks for remote locations. Troubleshoots network problems and monitors network utilization.
- Effectively communicate and support with their team, management, and IS support team members.
- Manage production support issues and see through to resolution utilizing a ticketing system to document steps used to resolve the issue.
- Initial assessment, implement and documentation of infrastructure changes using a defined change management system and process.
Hillsboro is a full-service City, providing a variety of services to a population of 106,000, including Police, Fire, Parks, Libraries and Public Works. As a Network Administrator for the City of Hillsboro you will play an integral part in building and maintaining the technology foundation for one of the best places to live in the United States as awarded by Livability.com.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide technical support for network and server administration; identifies and troubleshoots issues; presents or implements solutions.
- Perform testing and quality control measures in support of system solutions, processes and/or technical products.
- Provide technical training and user support; research questions or processes; provides information, responses, and recommendations.
- Document, prepare and/or update reports, processes, procedures, workflows, graphics, maps, templates, instructions, logs, and/or other technical documentation.
- Interact with external vendors for product support or technical information related to technology needs. Provides problem resolution and related support to internal Analysts.
- Manage records and information in any format, in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and City policy, guidance and records retention schedule.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Experience with the following technologies:
- Windows Server patch management and administration
- Windows Server back-up process and tools
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and 2022 support and administration
- Office 365/Exchange Online/Azure AD
For full details of the Network Administrator job classification please click here
Current/ Upcoming Projects
- Windows Server Operating System upgrades
- Multi-carrier Cellular Modems for Public Safety Vehicles
- WiFi Upgrades and Expansion
Acceptable Experience and Training
Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services or a closely related field and 3 years experience in network support, computer applications, information security and may require specific certifications; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record;
- Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) Certification, within 6 months of hiring;
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
The City of Hillsboro recognizes that some applicants, particularly women, people with disabilities, and people of color do not always apply for positions unless they directly meet all the qualifications. We greatly encourage you to apply and welcome applicants from diverse and varied backgrounds. Transferable skills WILL be considered when reviewing applications for meeting minimum qualifications.