Raftelis helps local governments and utilities thrive by providing management consulting expertise to help transform local governments and utilities. We’ve helped more than 600 organizations in the last year alone. We work in all areas of management consulting including finance, assessment, communications, technology, executive recruitment, and strategic planning.
Raftelis is searching for a new team member to join our Organizational Excellence Team in our Organizational Assessment and Strategic Planning Practice. Work in this practice includes reviews of organizational structure, calculating appropriate staffing levels, identifying accepted best practices that are scalable in a variety of contexts, making specific, implementable recommendations, and effectively communicating those recommendations in writing and in public presentations to a variety of audiences. It also includes facilitating departmental, organizational or community strategic plans. Ideally, the right person has earned their master’s degree in Public Administration, Finance, or Business, has experience in the public sector, and is interested in consulting. Just as important, the right person is curious, a critical thinker, and an excellent writer.
As this position is analytical, the position is ideal for budget analysts, management analysts, finance associates, etc. in public works, infrastructure, or utilities (water, wastewater, and stormwater)
• Helping public sector organizations develop and implement strategies to improve their performance, generating higher levels of service at a better value for the people they serve.
• Collecting and using data in sophisticated models to support a variety of financial, economic, and survey analysis.
• Utilizing your communication skills to create reports and deliver presentations for a wide variety of audiences from other professionals to the public.
• Researching best practices and conducting benchmarking.
• Supporting other consultants in the development and execution of organizational assessment and strategic planning projects. You will learn from the industry leaders about financial, technology, and management consulting.
• A bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree in public administration, business, public policy, or a related field (or working toward a master’s degree)
• One to three years of experience working for a utility or local government with utility exposure
• A constant drive to be better and know there is always something new to learn
• Experience using Microsoft Excel and other tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) to analyze large data sets
• A desire to work hard, perform at a high level, and be compensated appropriately for it
• A willingness to travel overnight (up to 25%)
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they can perform every job description task. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may come from a less traditional background. We will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
• Experience with performance improvement methods such as Lean and Six Sigma
Working for a values-based organization focused on growth with an exceptional reputation in its industry, employees receive competitive compensation and excellent benefits that include:
• Company paid medical and dental benefits
• Health Savings Account with company contributions
• Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Vision Insurance
• Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
• Discretionary paid time off program and education reimbursement program
• 401(k) with company contributions
• Hybrid working arrangement (3 days in the office and 2 days remote)
• The salary range for this role is $63,000 - $85,000
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. We use E-Verify. Raftelis Financial Consultants is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and our sincere belief in the dignity of each employee, it is our policy to prohibit harassment based on race, national origin, color, age, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual preference, medical condition, disability, religion, or veteran status.
Raftelis is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. To request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, contact Lisa Wilson, Director of Human Resources at 704-910-8961.
This position will work in either our Albany, Austin, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Denver, Durham, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Natick, or Orlando office.
To learn more about Raftelis and apply: please visit www.raftelis.com.