The Technology and Operations Manager is responsible for the management and direction of technical and operational support functions for the City of Naperville’s Transportation, Engineering and Development (TED) Business Group.
- Leads and supervises TED’s Technology and Technical Teams.
- Creates an environment of employee participation, creativity, and decision-making at all levels.
- Develops a working knowledge of department policies, procedures, processes, and workflows.
- Works collaboratively with department teams and staff to provide quality customer service and achieve common goals.
- Refines, improves, and documents internal processes.
- Guides the department’s strategic use of technology in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of department functions.
- Coordinates with IT, Finance, and other City departments on technology initiatives to ensure TED’s needs are represented and opportunities for collaboration are identified.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of department technology and systems, including, but not limited to Tyler Enterprise Permitting and Licensing.
- Troubleshoots systems issues as necessary and escalates items appropriately.
- Coordinates, tests, assesses, and assists in the deployment of new functions and features in various department and City systems.
- Collaborates with TED teams in preparing and maintaining user training and procedure documentation.
- Trains system users in technology policies and computer software functions and procedures relating to TED and City systems.
- Performs research, gathers information, analyzes data, and prepares detailed reports related to various department programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Manages own projects as well as provides oversight and direction for teams' projects.
- Assists in the preparation administration, and monitoring of the annual operation, capital, and special fund budgets, or portions as assigned.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Information Technology, Geography or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in a related field. Equivalent experience through a combination of training, education and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities can substituted.
Preferred Education and Experience
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 149,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
Applications should be completed thoroughly, and resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application but should be attached to the application. Include all requested education, experience, attachments, and other information when applying. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection. Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address provided in the application.
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE (Download PDF reader) for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.