Dental Hygienist (Beavercreek Clinic)
Job ID: 107163
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve. That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, September 27, 2023.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Annual Pay Range: $78,206.55 - $98,934.91
Hourly Pay Range: $40.105921 - $50.735849
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees), and a robust sick and vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering, health and wellness classes and events, and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle.
Employee benefits become effective the first of the month following an employee's date of hire.
Attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions are detailed below.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 12 hours of vacation accrued per month
• Eligible newly hired employees will have the one-time option to frontload their first year of vacation accruals in compliance with https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/a51ff5d3-d243-49ba-aa11-15324f4c0bf8! This means you have access to vacation time at time of hire.
• 8 hours of sick accrued per month
• 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
• Monthly accruals (prorated for less than 1.0 FTE)
• Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP):
• Employer paid 6% PERS retirement contribution (The county currently pays the employee's share of the retirement contribution.)
• OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay
• Other retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457b Deferred Compensation Plan
• A variety of additional optional benefits (see links below for additional information)
This is a full time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Join our team & discover work that makes you smile!
Clackamas County's Health Centers Division - Dental Care Program is looking for an experienced Dental Hygienist to provide clinical dental hygiene services and treatment as well as perform administrative support and coordination functions for the dental program at our Beavercreek Clinic. Our health centers are Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that offer primary care, dental services and behavioral healthcare at multiple integrated health centers and school-based health centers. We currently have dental clinics located in Oregon City, Clackamas, Gladstone, and Sandy. This is a unique opportunity to work closely in an integrated health clinic that promotes whole body health in our communities!
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Registration as a Dental Hygienist
• Must possess and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
• Nitrous Oxide endorsement is required either at the time of hire or within 6 months of hire
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/69fd8013-4594-4afd-bee9-f1e0aeab42ea.
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience working as a Dental Hygienist in a community health setting
• Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records systems
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
• Works with dental student, dental assistant, and dental hygiene externs and participates in their training as it relates to dental hygiene roles and responsibilities.
• Schedules follow up appointments appropriately based on treatment plan and patient needs, confirmation calls, outreach to patients for program metrics, and monitoring of Epic in basket as needed.
• Provides clinical and trauma informed dental hygiene services; performs prophylaxis, scaling and root planning, fluoride application, sealant placements and polish restorations; assists dentists with dental screening for routine exams and problem focused limited exams; instructs and demonstrates proper oral hygiene and dental health; promotes interest in the prevention of dental disease; takes, electronically mounts, and files dental x-rays using Epic and MiPacs.
• May participate in school based health center assessments and hygiene services as needed. May also participate in WIC assessments, nutrition counseling, OHI, and fluoride varnish.
• Reviews dental programs protocols, policies and procedures for compliance and effectiveness annually as assigned and as needed for clinical competency.
• Orders, stores and maintains office and dental supplies and equipment; sharpens, cleans and sterilizes dental instruments and portable dental sealant equipment; maintains dental equipment; ensures dental rooms are orderly, clean, and well stocked.
• Assists the dental clinic with breaking down team members rooms and maintaining central sterilization whenever possible.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working Knowledge of: Standard office procedures, techniques, and equipment; materials, instruments, tools and support dental processes used in the field of dentistry and oral hygiene; accepted practices, procedures and techniques of preventative dentistry and oral hygiene; dental equipment sterilization practices and procedures and relevant O.H.S.A. regulations and guidelines.
Some Knowledge of: Dental laboratory techniques and the use and purpose of lab equipment; oral anatomy; nutrition as it relates to oral hygiene; public health and community health principles, concepts and practices.
Skill to: Instruct patients of different ages and socioeconomic backgrounds in the techniques, practices, and methods of promoting and maintaining good oral hygiene; implement standard office procedures and use modern office equipment effectively; maintain and sterilize dental instruments and equipment; develop, review, update and recommend dental programs protocols, policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulations and guidelines; attend dental and public health conferences, workshops and continuing education and training seminars to maintain currency with dental practices and techniques; maintain effective working relationships with the public, other health care professionals and patients/clients; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
This position works 32 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday (M, W, TH: 8am - 5pm, T: 10am - 7pm)
Clinic assignment could change for business needs. Specific work schedule (hours/days) will be discussed at the time an offer of employment is extended. This position is designated as on-site/in-person. It is expected that the selected candidate will perform duties at the specified on-site work location.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Clackamas County Health Centers provide direct medical, dental, and mental health services to Clackamas County residents.
We provide services at our Integrated Primary Health Care Clinics, our mental health clinics, or through our School Based Health Centers.
Health Centers is a Division of the http://www.clackamas.us/h3s/
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Once a job applicant has accepted a position, they will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States prior to their first day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
Jenn Johnson, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4600506
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.